Troy, Home Owner in Leander, TX

I am getting an irrigation system installed at my house and the contractor is asking for a plot plan in order to get the permit. How can I get a plot?

Asked by Troy, Leander, TX Fri Jul 15, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


I think you need to go to the city office when it comes to anything to do with irrigation systems.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 15, 2013
I will take your advice and head over to the city office. I used to live in the Appalachians, and I really don't know what sprinklers are. Moving to an arid climate is going to require some adjusting. My lawn is already turning yellow.
Flag Thu Oct 23, 2014
I would think that a survey would be the best here. You should have received one at your closing and a copy should be in your closing packet. If not, the Title Company or your RE Agent should have a copy. Good Luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 15, 2011
If you own the plot, it shouldn't be hard to get the plot plan. With things like irrigation, it's common to see stuff like this. Make sure you own the plot.
Flag Tue Nov 11, 2014
I've got red flags sticking up everywhere:
I do not belive that the PLOT PLAN will show where things like Gas Lines, Sewer or Septic Lines, Water lines and such will be located only your original Blueprints.
There may be a set of Blueprints at the Recorder's Office if the property is not too old. (They only keep them for so many years.)

It seems to me that he is asking you to do part of HIS job: This is part of "Pulling Permits" and if you are paying him to do it......

It seems to me that this is not that complicated, you dig a trench, 6 inches deep, carefully, and you lay the PVC. It is not rocket science!

Caviat Emptor!

Good luck and may God bless
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 15, 2011
If you go to you local city they should have a copy of the plot plan or a lot plat on file. If they don't then title may not have one either - then you may be forced to spend some money and have your lot surveyed if it's a really old property. In AZ we are actually able to pull a lot of information from the tax assessors database which will also give the measurements of the lot lines. Don't know if you have this type of resource in Texas but, it's worth looking into before taking time out to drive to the local city government offices.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 15, 2011

Plot pland ans survey are one in the same. You should hopefully have a copy of your survey. He needs this to make sure he is installing within property boundaries and to measure scale of distance for heads.

If you do not have a copy of the survey the Title co. who handled your closing may be able to help. Also the survey company will have it if you know who they are.

Stephen B. McClain, Broker Owner
Cornerstone New Home Solutions
512 876-3116
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 15, 2011
It's possible/likely that your local government will have one on file.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 15, 2011
I was going to say the same thing. Make sure you check with the irrigation contractor before you pull anything out-- it would be a pain to do it twice. I'm sure it's some kind of survey for the property, but it's still good to be sure. |
Flag Tue Dec 30, 2014
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer