Nur, Renter in 60659

I am considering to rent an apartment on Lincoln ave and Berwyn, but there seems to be a lot of motels in that area? Does anyone knows if it is safe?

Asked by Nur, 60659 Tue Apr 20, 2010

Answers

7
It is very safe. I live near Lincoln and Bryn Mawr with my nieces and we feel very safe. We have been here for 2 years.
A realtor can't legally tell you if it is SAFE or NOT SAFE but he can tell you that if you have too many out of town guests, get in a bad fight with your spouse, or are having an affair, that all those nearby Lincoln Avenue motels increase the location value of your property.

Make sure to tip for room service.
I think that any neighborhood near Lincoln Ave. is safer than most neighborhoods. This North end you're referring to has seen a lot of development in the last few years. There's a new Dominick's with a Starbucks, a Walgreens, a few new coffee shops, a new Swedish Hospital building, a Chase bank,...and the list goes on.
Hi Nur,

Lincoln Ave has come a long way. For the most part, there used to be just motels on Lincoln Ave. They have torn down/closed up the majority. They put up a new library, police station, condos, retail, etc. As far as crime goes, check out this link:

http://chicago.everyblock.com/crime/locations/neighborhoods/…

This will give you an idea of the reported crimes in the area.

I hope this helps!

Cherrie Catama
Newman Realty
cherrie@newmanrealtyillinois.com
nur,
If your nervous about an area go there yourself and see if you are comfortable. We as agents cannot comment on this sort of thing. Go during the day, at night, during traffic hours, etc. See if it fits your lifestyle and needs. Also you can always check out chicago crime by block.com

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
mlaricy@americorpre.com
708-250-2696
Dear Renter,

As a Realtor, I can' give you my opinion on whether or not an area is safe. But there is a police station at 5400 N Lincoln where you can get some information. Also you can research the area on the internet. One of the things I recommend to my clients is to visit the area at different times of the day. Walk around the area with a friend. You will get a feel for neighborhood that way.
If you are concerned about safety, your best source of information is the local police department; why not visit/call and ask all your questions, they'll gladly help.