vickiemerick…, Home Buyer in Naperville, IL

I am considering purchasing a home in the Treyburn area of Durham, however could not find nearby grocery stores that I felt comfortable with,. what?

Asked by vickiemerickson, Naperville, IL Sat Dec 1, 2012

is the preferred grocery/shopping area for Treyburn residents?

Answers

4
There is a Kroger store nearby (about 10 minutes) and Harris Teeter is about 15 minutes away. I live in Northern Durham......beautiful area but not the hustle & bustle of city life...but a short drive to Downtown Durham.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
Not sure what you're looking for but there's a Harris Teeter which I'd guess is the preferred local supermarket for Treyburn residents.

There' s a reason you get so much bang for the buck in Treyburn and north Durham in general and that because it is somewhat distant from the rest of Durham. That said it does enjoy one of Durham's best school districts and Durham isn't a huge city, in 15 minutes or so you can be in Downtown or by Duke University areas where you'll find more markets including WholeFoods, and the Durham Farmers market which is wonderful.

Treyburn is a nice family neighborhood with excellent optional amenities available if these interest you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
There are a variety of grocery stores including Harris Terter, as well as Starbucks et al, on Guess Road...probably 10 minute drive.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 1, 2012
You just touched on the reason the homes are so affordable in the beautiful Treyburn neighborhood. You get a lot of house and upgrades but you are trading off location. You might look at Croasdale Country Club for a similar lifestyle and better location.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 1, 2012