In My Neighborhood in 13041>Question Details

Jeff Daly, Home Buyer in Syracuse, NY

I am an avid shooter.. will i be able to continue shooting in this area?

Asked by Jeff Daly, Syracuse, NY Thu Mar 22, 2012

Answers

4
I am active duty Navy and have been looking between a few states on Trulia. I also posted this question about a property located in Clay, NY not Skaneateles like the post says.. I dont know
Greg,

Enlighten me on how you came to the conclusion the poster, Jeff, was asking about Maryland or Virginia? I am serious, is there a way you knew that? Jeff included a NY zip so I must be missing something because how would you have assumed VA or MD ?? Maybe someone can explain to me if I am missing something. Trulia's new format sucks as far as I am concerned.
Depends if you reside in Maryland or Virginia. Montgomery County has 3 member only shooting clubs which are Izaak Walton League chapters. They are located in Poolesville, Germantown and Damascus. The Poolesville chapter of the IWLA has the most land but requires you or a range officer to be on Duty. The Damascus chapter( I am a member) safety trains all their memebers to use the ranges from 10:00 am to sunset. The Germantown IWLA ranges are to small for a large group that may show up to shoot.

The membership dues for the Damascus IWLA is $130.00 per year

What is your passion?? pistol ,rifle or shotgun??

There are indoor pistol ranges in Montgomery County as well.

The Virginia gun clubs have waiting lists to join, it's easier to get Redskin season tickets.

P.S. Many of my clients are shooters and hunters.

Greg Myers
RE/MAX Realty Group
301-258-7757
gregorymyers@mris.com
You can shoot anywhere. Even in Wash DC where guns are not allowed there is a shooting every night. Be careful.