In My Neighborhood in 86429>Question Details

Brenda Clark, Renter in Bullhead City, AZ

I am a veteran and so is my husband. We are being transferred to the area for work. I have been in Laughlin, but never got to look around much in

Asked by Brenda Clark, Bullhead City, AZ Fri Jul 13, 2012

Bullhead City. How are doctors and hospitals there? I am a patient waiting on a transplant, so I have to get good doctors. I have pets, they are my companions, I am much better health wise with them as company, so are the houses there pet friendly for rentals? Do they have karaoke there? I used to own my own company in Tucson, and I love to sing. I used to sing at weddings and the Golf Open in Tucson.

Answers

3
Lois Briesemeister’s answer
There are two hospitals in BHC and a number of doctors and clinics. The hospitals do not do transplants. My husband has many health issues and has a great heart doctor that he really likes.
A lot of Vets go to Las Vegas for VA medical. There is a van that will take you there.
Karaoke available all over the town. Many rentals are pet friendly. May require a deposit for the pet.
If you are interested in a 55+ community with pools, spa and activities, get in touch. I have a couple rentals available. Pets must be under 50 pounds and no aggressive breeds.
If you need property management to find a rental, call our office at 928 763 2288 for assistance.
Best of luck with your new job.
Didn't see the rest of your questions so will try to answer...you can't get away from Karaoke; pets are dependent on the landlord but don't think you'll have any trouble finding a rental that allows pets. The Elks, Moose and about every bar has a karaoke night every week...you can sing every night if you want.
Bullhead City is a small town with small town medicine. I am a retired military and for standard run of the mill medical care Bullhead is fine; however, if you need specialty care the closest and best place is Las Vegas which is only about an hour and 20 minutes away. If you are using VA there maybe some issues with crossing statelines for medical care. One solution is to get a PO box in Laughlin. There is also a very good State VA advocate at the BHC American Legion building...good luck with your move and hope you enjoy the area.