wallerhouse, Other/Just Looking in Chicago, IL

I am a genealogist.My grandfather was murdered in 1932 at his home on Emerald Avenue near West 43rd St. I am looking for the home and curious about

Asked by wallerhouse, Chicago, IL Fri Aug 3, 2012

the neighborhood then and now. According to the census it was worth $15000.00 in 1930. I am hoping to find a newspaper article about his death. Anybody interested in knowing more or looking for more information. Email me at wallerhouse@lycos.com. Cynthia

Answers

2
For someone to have first-hand knowledge about that death, they would have to be at least 98 years old and lucid.
Why don't you go down to the local newspaper and search their microfische?

Good luck and may God bless
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 3, 2012
Well, sometimes these kind of stories pass down through the neighborhood from owner to owner. However, as much as I would like to mosey on down to the local archives, I live in Seattle. I just began doing research on this family. My next stop will probably be looking through old newspapers through the National Archives in Seattle or online. I will eventually make my way to Chicago on another genealogy junket. I have stage four breast cancer thus I am picking my trips wisely. I was in Kentucky where my Grandfather grew up. He married a woman 17 years older than him. This was the address on his death certificate. There was an inquest so I hope to look for how one finds this kind of information. Thanks for responding. Blessings to you. Cynthia
Flag Fri Aug 3, 2012
I live a few blocks away with a blood line that runs far back in canaryville. If you give me a name and address I will investigate. Email me thedish80@yahoo.com.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 22, 2013