scgaulman, Other/Just Looking in Hartford, CT

How would you rate the school district and crime for the Blue Hills Area?

Asked by scgaulman, Hartford, CT Tue Nov 13, 2012

Answers

2
Orlando’s answer
Blue Hills is for the most part quiet and residential. It's close to Copaco, which has a supermarket, some clothing shops, and plenty of food options. Ridgefield St, on the border of Keney Park, is historic and beautiful. Crime in general seems to be pretty low and seems nearly nonexistent the further away you get from Albany Avenue, and the schools safe. The nearest HPS high school is Weaver, but I think that's closing soon; the number of enrolled students has been steadily dropping. The elementary and middle schools are good. I don't have kids, so I can't really comment, but here's the site for Hartford Public Schools: http://www.hartfordschools.org/. Good luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 30, 2012
THE SCHOOL SYSTEMS IN THE BLUE HILLS AREA ARE OUTSTANDING!! BEING BORN AND RAISED IN THE BLUE HILLS AREA I CAN SPEAK FROM A PERSONAL STANDPOINT! THERE IS HARDLY ANY CRIME AT ALL OF COURSE ONCE IN A WHILE YOU MAY SEE SOMETHING ON THE NEWS BUT THATS THE SAME AS ANY AREA AND AS FOR THE SCHOOLS SYSTEMS THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN GOOD BUT THESE DAYS THEY ARE TERRIFIC!! MY CHILD ATTENDED JUMOKE ACADEMY ELEMENTARY (WHICH IS ON BLUE HILLS) SINCE KINDERGARTEN AND RECENTLY GRADUATED TO THE MIDDLE SCHOOL (ALSO ON BLUE HILLS) WHICH IS CALLED "JAH SMART" WHICH STANDS FOR JUMOKE ACADEMY HONORS. AFTER MIDDLE SCHOOL SHE WANTS TO ATTEND ACHIEVEMENT FIRST HIGH SCHOOL THAT IS LOCATED AT THE CORNER OF BLUE HILLS AND ALBANY AVENUE WHICH IS A NEW YET HIGHLY RESPECTED PROGRAM IN THE HARTFORD AREA FOR ALL AGES. THERE ARE MANY OTHER GREAT SCHOOLS TO CHOOSE FROM THOSE WERE JUST MY CHOICE. IN ALL HONESTY IF YOUR WERE GOING TO LIVE IN ANY PART OF NORTHERN HARTFORD.. THE BLUE HILLS AREA IS THE BEST CHOICE!