Jason Anders…, Renter in 64113

How widespread is Kansas City's "rat problem"?

Asked by Jason Anderson, 64113 Sat Jul 20, 2013

I'm currently renting in the Armour Hills area and discovered rat burrows in the backyard. Further conversation with pest control companies suggests that "if you live in that area, you're going to have rats." They then defined "that" area as anything between the Missouri River and 85th Street or so.

Anyone else had any experiences with rats? I was originally thinking of looking to purchase in this neighborhood at the end of my lease but rats are a bit of a concern.

Answers

6
After this last Recession Credit Problems have become much larger. Bad things happen to good people. They need to find the cheese.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 20, 2013
I sell quite a bit in KC and hadn't heard of anything like this. Though when I saw your title come through my email I was wondering if you were talking about the animals or the politicians. :)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 20, 2013
If you are freaked about about Willard and Ben. Move to the Suburb's.
John, I don't doubt you. It's an urban area. I lived in DC 15 years and there were rats there, too. People make trash. Rats like trash. I was just stating that I haven't gone in to a house with a rat in it (that I've noticed) here in KC in the last 9 years. Nor have I seen them in any yards. (Doesn't mean that I, the buyers/sellers or the inspectors couldn't have missed them, though.) I can only tell you what I've experienced in the Brookside/Waldo area. Armour Hills is in that area.
For those who claim no knowledge of rats in KC, I point you to the following article. 1,200 rat complaints per year to the city rat control department (didn't know there was one!).
Jeff, The Bug Man, is very knowledgable and experienced in all pest control. He is also far more reasonable than many other companies, using techniques that are proven. I would ask him the same question for another opinion, because having grown up in this neighborhood that you have mentioned, as well as selling in the area, I am not familiar with this over-riding problem.
Jeff, The Bug Man, is at 816.841.3880 and http://www.jeffthebugman.com

Please share what more you learn.

William Robison
Storybook Realty
william@storybookrealty.net