caroalaskali…, Home Buyer in Aurora, CO

How safe is area in regards to crime and violent crimes?

Asked by caroalaskalife, Aurora, CO Sat Nov 10, 2012

Answers

2
Aurora ia a large City with a diversre population. I moved to Aurora a little over five years ago , from a small midwestern city. I am pleased to tell you Aurora ranks among the safest cities in the nation. We in Colorado pride ourselves on having a healthy and active lifestyles and this tends to make us happy and content with our surroundings. If you're thinking of moving here, I couldn't reccommend a better community to live in. Again, my recent experience is that Aurora is a very welcoming community with big city amenities as well as a small town sense of pride. I am sure all of my fellow Realtors will tell you much the same as I have. I look forward to having you join our community and I hope I can be of service to you should the need arise.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 10, 2012
From one who has lived here since the early 60's I can tell you Aurora has definitely changed. South Aurora, being south of Hampden Ave is a good place to live, however, stay away from going north of Hampden. Realtors will tell you everything is good because by law it would be considered "steering" (and illegal) to tell you otherwise. North Aurora used to be nice, but no more.
Flag Mon Dec 24, 2012
Hi Caroatskalife,

As Realtors, we are not allowed to discuss or comment on crime in areas of our city. I can say that the Denver/Aurora area was voted top 10 for safety in the nation. It is hard to go wrong here. i can give you an areticle I wrote with a link to area crime statistics for you to review - http://j.mp/RbnugZ . I just showed townhomes in Heather Ridge a couple of weeks ago. Always like that area and also have played in tournaments at the Heather Ridge Golf Course. Let me know if i can help further. We are here to help you with all of your real estate needs.

Robert McGuire ASR
Realtor/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
Direct - 303-669-1246
http://about.me/robertmcguire33
Denver and Aurora have their share of issues like any other large metro area. Extreme SE Aurora, Tallyn's Reach area is very nice with great schools. It costs more to live in the area but it's worth it. Heather Ridge is an older area built in the late 70's. The good areas of metro Denver: Lone Tree, Boulder, Broomfield, Superior, west Arvada, Extreme SE Aurora, Parker, Castle Rock, Littleton, Centennial, some of Englewood, Cherry Hills Village, Cherry Creek, Lower Downtown Denver, and Greenwood Village. If you buy a home in Aurora, nothing north of Hampden Ave will have any kind of future return whereas new build such as what's in Tallyn's Reach will and is appreciating because of the location and schools. I've lived in the area since the early 60's. I think Aurora gets a bad rap simply because of the bad influence west of Peoria and 11th Ave north (crime).
Flag Mon Dec 24, 2012