Jane Guthrie, Home Buyer in Charleston, SC

How safe is Shadowmoss Plantation on Charleston, SC ? How is West Ashley High School ?

Asked by Jane Guthrie, Charleston, SC Tue May 22, 2012

Answers

4
Realtors by law cannot give you information like that, because it could be understood as steering
buyers or the public in general in or out of certain areas and that is against the law.

Therefore you need to do your research either on the internet on the town websites and the school report card website and then visit the neighborhoods you want to buy in at various times of the week
to get to know it......For safety visit the local police department and they will give you information.

Here is another thought and advice I always give to my clients .....

a good or bad neighborhood, or the right neighborhood for YOU could be drastically
different for the next person, therefore hard to answer this questions in general ....

for schools I always tell my clients, visit the schools, look at their report cards on the
internet and the programs offered and decide which one would be best for the NEEDs
of YOUR children, every child had different need, is it the arts programs, the academics,
or the athletics that are most important for your kids.

AND THEN ...... LIFE CHANGES as you must know and so changes a neighborhood, people are moving in and out, new constructions go up etc. etc. and with that schools also change, more
children less children moving into the area, with all kinds of different needs...

So please do your own research..... If you feel like you do not know which websites to do your research on I am sure any local Realtor you connect with would be able to provide you with
that information and would then be very helpful in finding the right home for you and guide you
through the entire process. If you need a recommendation let us know.

Edith YourRealtor4Life! Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients
with @Properties covering the city of Chicago, N and NW suburbs of N. Illinois, and the
fine homes on the North Shore - and with partner agents all of the US and properties worldwide
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Homes over 300,000 are being sold. I as sure those buyers have done their diligence before they would spend that money and MORE. Agent below is correct to go to local gov.org or police to get stat's and you make the call. If you want to see activity send me your email to louisrusso@bellsouth.net and will send you live data in Shadow Moss and some other very nice communities I have helped people buy in the area such as the Hunt Club and Boltons Landing

I would be pleased to be interviewed in being your realtor. All Realtors not alike and we have different buying plans that may benefit you more. Anyone can show a house but what other services does the agent provide you. As a pure Buyer Agent I only focus on the needs of Buyers. Again to interview the best way to find the right realtor for you!
Best of luck Louis Russo Carolina One Buyer Agent 843 810 3919
I live in Shadowmoss and it's a great neighborhood. For the West Ashley High School state report card go here: http://ed.sc.gov/schools/school.cfm?SID=1001104

As far as safety is concerned you should check with the Charleston Police Department for crime statistics.
I have lived in Shadowmoss Plantation since we built our home there in 1984 and raised four children there. My three sons graduated from Middleton HS and my daughter from West Ashley HS. As a Realtor, due to federal Fair Housing laws, we are not able to comment on relative safety of areas, but you can call the Charleston County Sheriff's Dept. at 843-202-1700 and inquire about that. Regarding schools, here is a website where you can see the performance of schools in SC: http://ed.sc.gov/data/report-cards/ (copy & paste to your browser.) You can also go to http://www.greatschools.org/ to check on schools. If you are not currently working with another Realtor, I would be happy to work with you and you can call me at 843-225.3106.
Herb Uthlaut, Coldwell Banker United, Realtors.