In My Neighborhood in 38119>Question Details

Leila S. Mor…, Real Estate Pro in Los Gatos, CA

How's the rental market in Memphis?! Is it a good time to invest in Memphis Multi Family!?

Asked by Leila S. Mortaz, Los Gatos, CA Fri Jun 3, 2011

Answers

7
A great article on this that I took from a posting on Mid South Home Buyers' http://(www.midsouthhomebuyers.com) Facebook page:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/may/29/memphis-is-…
David,

It's a great time to invest in Memphis.
I've got a few investors who live in California who are having great success in investing in Memphis.
One investor who lives here in Memphis bought a 4 bedroom 2 bath home last year for $25,000.00 and had to do about $10,000.00 worth of repairs and upgrades.
The great thing about it is he's rented the home for $950.00 a month through the Section 8 Government Housing Assistance program.
Less than 5 years he'll have his initial investment paid back and if the Retail Sales Market has returned he'll be setting on a $75,000.0 to $80,000.00 4 bedroom, 2 bath with den home in a pretty good area of Memphis.

I don't know what your looking for, as per return on investment, but 22% to 23% return on investment can be had here in Memphis.

Also, Memphis is growing, take a look at the Ports as far as Distribution & Transportation of Freight and you'll find Memphis is the largest inland distribution center in the nation.
Last time I checked,, that's pretty labor intensive, and that means JOBS,,, and those people need places to live, preferably close to where they work, with gas prices high..

Providing Real Estate Investor with quality properties that give them the return on their investment that they are looking for is what I specialize in.
I also have contractors that I work with that do quality renovations and repairs to homes to get them market ready and I work with a few Property Management Companies who are good at placing quality tenants in your rentals and collect your rent for a reasonable price.

I've been in and around the Memphis Real Estate business for the last 15 years,, the last 10 years I've spent working closely with real estate investors and helped them create profitable Memphis Real Estate Portfolios.

Contact me if your interested.
Todd Feemster
(901) 281-7716
todd.feemster@yahoo.com
It is a good time to invest in multi family. You bet it is. The rental market in the Memphis area is very strong. There is actually new construction in the apt arena. We are seeing investments in the Memphis market from all parts of the world. Values here, compared to many other markets, are outstanding.
It is definitely a buyers market. Single family homes a renting well and selling for inexpensive. Let me know if I can be if assistance. I have a great investment home listed at $35k
Renee Farrell
Keller Williams realty
901-590-5109
Sure is, big boy. You have some big money investors?
How is it in your area?
The rental market is in high demand here in Memphis and I deal with many local and international investing in finding them units that fit their criteria and homes. If you would like some assisstance from a seasoned agent in Memphis feel free to contact me by email or phone.

901-338-3051
Hamzaibrahim1@yahoo.com
The residential and commercial rental markets in Memphis are interesting, and there's quite a bit of investor activity (both foreign and domestic) there.