In My Neighborhood in 60047>Question Details

mwk1018, Home Buyer in Lake Zurich, IL

How much is your water bill in Long Grove?

Asked by mwk1018, Lake Zurich, IL Sun Apr 21, 2013

I'm considering a house to purchase in Long Grove and I heard that the monthly water bill can get out of hand.

Answers

13
Most homes are on a private well and no water bill!
I heard that aqua america has increased water and sewage prices my ovrr 300 percent. With a BBB rating of F, I am concerned about moving into long grove, ravenna. Has anyone heard anything positive about aqua america in lake county?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 6, 2013
Hello. Most homes in Long Grove have private wells, so there is no water bill. I am an agent living in Long Grove. With a private well, there is no cost.
Are you currently working with an agent to purchase the home?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 6, 2013
Most homes are on private well. we have our community well for 62 homes. water is included in association fee. It is affordable.
Best to never buy through the listing agent of a property - as they are on the seller's side - so you'd get into a dual agency conflict of interest situation. Best to use an expert negotiator, and one who has no home showing biases, and an Exclusive Buyer Broker (they and their companies never list property for sale - and are specialists - not generalists.) A regular so-called "buyer agent" might push more of their own in-house listings on you - or their own listings. We never list (represent sellers). We'll give you more and better information should you become an official client (including things the agents below don't know about Aqua) As an aside - free advice from people who might have vested interests in selling their own listings - isn't always a good thing...
As I was about to answer your question to me I realized someone else did it for me. Thanks Deb you saved me a lot of typing : )
If you haven't decided on a home yet and are still interested in Ravenna we have a listing coming up in Ravenna. If you'd like, you can see it before it becomes available to the public.

Kathy Diegel
The Peggy Cobrin Team
Coldwell Banker Residential
http://www.PeggyCobrin.com
Call or Text 847-707-8907
Kathy.Diegel@cbexchange.com
The Ravenna subdivision has a community well, filtration system, and pumping station within the subdivision. The system is managed by Aqua of Illinois. Each home has its own water meter and is billed seperately for their water by Aqua. The base cost for water service is $63 and then usage is added. A minimum monthly bill for 1 person is approx. $110-$115 per month. For 2 persons living in a home, the average monthly is approx. $135. For a family of 4, the average monthly is approx. $150-$160. You can call Aqua direct at 877-987-2782 for more information.

Ravenna also has a seperate sewer bill from Lake County. The association fee of $125 monthly covers common area insurance and common area maintenance. For more information on Long Grove subdivisions, ask away, as I specialize in it! Here to help! If you are not currently working with another agent seeing homes, please call or email me so I can further help you find your dream home!
Deb Borgeson
Cell 847-804-8589
Email Deb@DependOnDeb.com
Basically Kathy, what is the household avg monthly bill for water at ravenna? Or is it covered in the monthly assessment fee? Thx
I know someone on the board for the Ravenna HOA. Let me know what questions you have and I'll get them answered for you...

Kathy.Diegel@cbexchange.com
I am liiking at ravenna. Friends in Hawthorne woods warn about possible high cost for well water.
Hi
None of my distinguished friends brought up the fact that Aqua Illinois runs several of those community wells in high end subdivisions. l live in Ivanhoe, we have Aqua Illinois water and last year the water and sewer rates for all Aqua Illinois customers across the area went way, way high, like 270% over what municipal water charged. So the first question is does Aqua Illinois run the water in a subdivision you like. We tried to fight it with ICC and attorney general Lisa Madigan office, they got what they wanted, to collect more money now for improvements 20 years from now.

Call me if you have not begun working another agent. If you like my answer, best answer and thumbs up me, thx!
Ravenna is also on community well. What subdivision are you considering?

Kathy Diegel
The Peggy Cobrin Team
Coldwell Banker Residential
Call or Text 847-707-8907
Kathy.Diegel@cbexchange.com
The majority of Long Grove subdivisions are on private well water, so there is no water bill for those homes. Some subdivisions like Royal Melbourne, Briarcrest, and Fields of Long Grove have community wells, and the water is paid through the homeowners association. I am a Broker in Long Grove and have been a Long Grove resident for 20 years. Please feel free to call me to get detailed information for each subdivision and help with finding your home in Long Grove.
Deb Borgeson
847-804-8589