In My Neighborhood in 29662>Question Details

pambedingfie…, Home Buyer in Mauldin, SC

How much is the HOA fee and what does it cover??? Do they have a pool??

Asked by pambedingfield, Mauldin, SC Tue May 1, 2012

Answers

2
Hi, I live in Planters row and can explain the HOA fees and what it covers. The fees are 1 dollar a day, which is 365$ a year. It covers the "common" area for planters row which consists of a nice pool, club house, child play ground area and a couple tennis courts. There is also a board with various members and I think the fees pay them as well. These areas are very well kept as far as I can tell. They mow all the grass around it once a week or so. You have to have a magnet key that looks like a credit card to access these areas and is only available to the residents of planters row but you are able to bring a "guest" with you if you live here. The pool has lots of lounge chairs, sun chairs, shaded areas and gazebo type things, pretty nice. The roads are covered by the country (greenville or mauldin) and they recently completely repaved the entire subdivision. There is trash collection every friday. Not sure who collects it but they are there every friday and I don't pay a separate fee for trash collection. I bought my home in 2013 for 182K and it's valued at 202K as of the fourth quarter 2014, I think this is a desirable neighborhood to live in as the city of mauldin and greenville continue to grow. You can google images of houses and the "common area" or clubhouse/pool, etc. My father was a contractor and builder for years in the SF bay area. The houses here are pretty nice compared to most in the greenville/mauldin area. I would say the materials used in the contruction are a little on the cheaper side compared to what I'm used to in california, but they have different codes here and don't have to build/worry about large earth quakes. All in all I'm very happy with my purchase and this neighborhood. Everyone seems to look out for each other here and I haven't met anyone in the subdivision that wasn't as nice as could be. Hope this information helps.
HOA fee is included in rent.
Crescentwood Vilage comunity has a swiming pool.
Landscaping and garbage collection is also included in rent.