Lisa, Home Buyer in Falmouth, MA

How many miles is it to the nearest fire station? How many feet from a fire hydrant? Thanks.

Asked by Lisa, Falmouth, MA Fri Nov 12, 2010

Answers

5
Lars Estrem’s answer
http://FireDepartmentDirectory.com has maps of fire departments for every county and city in the US. You can look up the fire department that is closest to you, give them a call, and ask them for the nearest station. There isn't a single resource out there that has all the fire departments and associated fire stations. So, this makes the phone call necessary.

The fire department should also be able to tell you where the nearest fire hydrant is or be able to tell you how to find that information.
Here's a better link. http://www.firedepartment.net/nearest-fire-department - Enter your address and the form displays each fire station near your home with the distance in miles.
Flag Fri Apr 24, 2015
How many miles to the nearset fire station from 627 s. commerce avenue, Sebring, florida?
Hi Lisa...is there a specific location you're referring to?
There is a regulation regarding the legal distance to fire hydrants. I do not know that Fire houses has a regulation. I do know that this is one of the questions that your home owners insurance asks. THe answers depend on the address, which I think you inadvertently left out of the question.
Just as an additional piece of advice. It is worth being sure that the fire hydrant you are depending on is in good working order. Not long ago I watched an beautiful century old home burn to the ground because there was no pressure in the hydrant that this house depended on.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 14, 2010
Since no link is visible and no address given, you may wish to ask your question again--or consider a Google search, Google Maps, visit the property and area, or contact any local agent/realty office.