In My Neighborhood in 87571>Question Details

Muchow, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

How long does it take to get to the closest "major" airport?

Asked by Muchow, Dallas, TX Sat Sep 11, 2010

Answers

6
Leigh-Jo Anzures’ answer
If you go to http://maps.yahoo.com and type in your starting address in the 'Get Directions' option, then type in 2200 Sunport SE, Albuquerque into the 'B' field, you'll get an accurate estimation of distance and time.

From Taos in general, it is 134.62 miles and depending on speed, can take about 2 1/2 hours. Hope this helps.

Leigh-Jo
Syan Real Estate
Call/Text: (505) 730-8181
Web Reference: http://www.Syan.com
Thanks! That's a bit far for me but good to know.
Flag Tue May 1, 2012
Santa Fe's airport does have service to Dallas which would be an option from going to Albuquerque. Check with American Airlines for flights from SAF to DFW. It could be a time saver and an opportunity to experience Santa Fe!
It takes about 2 1/2 hours to get to the Albuquerque airport.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 12, 2010
Albuquerque Int. Sunport is about 2.5 hours from Taos. There is a "bypass" road, 599... that I take every time I head to the airport... and I've arrived in 2 hours time... many times over. Nice to know this is a possibility, but I'd always plan ahead for accidents and/or road work... and add that bit of time to the trip.
Santa Fe offers a smaller airport... but it's worth checking what flights they handle. More recently, they've accommodated a direct non -stop flight from DFW to Santa Fe and the same from LAX to Santa Fe. Now, that's nice!
Joan,

NM is a privacy state, so sales are not posted in newspapers, etc. They are reported to the county for tax purposes, but that's about it. I'd love it if you'd write some design posts for my blog (link below), which should give you some exposure, but I'm not allowed to give out sold addresses from the MLS.

You could also cultivate some relationships with real estate people who work mostly with vacation home buyers, though the market right now is pretty slow. I know I would give out references fro interior design to my buyers if they asked.
Muchow,
It's about 2.5 hours to Albuqurque from Taos according to Google maps.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 11, 2010