Chris, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

How is vannoy street compared to the rest of Edgewood in regards to crime, and its renovation?

Asked by Chris, Atlanta, GA Thu Jan 21, 2010

Answers

7
Chris,
If you can find a Property in your price range north of Hosea Williams, that would be the way to go.
Call me if you need free advice.
Hi Chris, as others have already stated there is no one way of answering a question of crime in comparison to one street or area to the next. However I think if crime is a high level of concern for you, you should definitely take some time to utilize all avenues of research. Maybe visit the local park and speak with neighbors, or stop at the local bar or neighborhood restaurant. I've learned that statistics say a lot, but experience speaks volumes. Best Regards,
http://www.atlantapd.org/index.asp?nav=map

Chris,

Here is a website that gives numbers on crimes. YOu can search but zone or address. I live in midtown and started as Realtor in Grant Park. Edgewood is like all midtown neighborhoods some parts better than others. The downturn has slowed the improvement but still moving in right direction.

Let me know if I can help.
Thank you for all of your answers, what I meant by renovation, was more rejuvenation etc. whether or not it was transitioning into a healthier safer neighborhood, more in line with kirkwood and Grant Park.
Hi Chris,

I would suggest you personally go and talk with the neighbors and find out their thoughts in regard to crime and while you are there check out the renovations in progress. Also I would drop by the local precinct for up to date crime stats and opinion.
You can check stats on Vannoy Street in comparison to the rest of Edgewood or any other area at the link provided, Chris. Good Luck!
Web Reference: http://www.city-data.com/
As far as crime is concerned your best source of information is the local department--why not call/visit and hear all there is to hear firsthand. As far as renovations, tastes vary--why not drive around town and check out all that is of interest to you and then make your own determinations. You'll thank yourself later as opinions as just that.