In My Neighborhood in 91040>Question Details

Sondra Creed, Renter in Moorpark, CA

How is this area overall as far as safety goes,?

Asked by Sondra Creed, Moorpark, CA Mon Jan 23, 2012

Answers

4
Hi Sondra,

Locally, it is considered a very desirable area and is noted for its rural atmosphere, horse-keeping, stables and riding trails. The local police department is the Foothill Division of the Los Angeles Police Deptmt who may be reached at
12760 Osborne Street Pacoima, CA 91331-3398
(818) 756-8861

John Hickey
Dilbeck Realtors
818-541-7311
John@JohnHickey.com
CA Lic.#: 00985364
Web Reference: http://LaCrescentaHomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 23, 2012
Hi Sondra,

Your question came up under 91040 zip code and not sure if you are only inquiring about that zip code. 91040 is split between Shadow Hills, Tujunga and Lake View Terrace neighborhoods. I am involved in Sunland-Tujunga neighborhood council and other community organization as a volunteer and we have monthly meetings were we discuss all aspects of the area. Two separate senior lead officers in LAPD foothill division are handling these neighborhoods. They both usually attend those community meetings. I would encourage you to come to least one meeting and get to know some of the neighbors and local police if you are seriously considering moving into this area. It is a great community to be part of, and I live in Shadow Hills as well. Please feel free to contact me and I will give you the information.

Janaka Perera
Principal Broker, Perch Properties
818-281-5301
perchproperties@gmail.com
A great web-site to check out is crimereport.com ....

Web Reference: http://www.laura4homes.com
Sondra - It's best to get an agent who can guide you in that specific area. Once you get a feel for the location, they can give you the information to contact the local police department regarding crime, as realtors cannot answer that.