Ej.milana, Home Buyer in Charleston, SC

How is the quality of the new houses in Carolina bay by centex builders?

Asked by Ej.milana, Charleston, SC Fri Jun 14, 2013

Answers

7
This will seem like an odd answer, but here goes.

I have friends that owned a townhouse in Carolina Bay. Their townhouse was built and sold at the top of the market, before the recession. Those townhouses are nice and energy efficient. The older the house or townhouse in Carolina Bay the better. The older construction is energy efficient and better quality materials. Anything newer will be made with lower quality, because the builders are trying to stay competitive with their pricing. Great location and great community plan.

If you want to rent, we have a townhouse for rent not far from Carolina Bay closer to downtown on the other side of 17 on the water. The address is 192 Riverbreeze Dr., Charleston in the neighborhood Waterway South, web address http://www.waterwaysouth.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 3, 2013
Hey Ej,

it's been a while since you've asked this question. Many builders are ending their fiscal year and are trying to move product. Are you interested to see the current buyer incentives that Centex is offering? You can make a great deal.

Talk soon,

Rebecca Kroseberg
Carolina One
843.901.8659
rebecca@CharlestonLifestyleGuide.com
For the most part, "track" built homes are pretty decent. Building codes make sure they are built to a certain standard and are safe to live in. With that said, you need to remember why these homes are "cheaper" on average than custom built homes. National builders purchase their materials from suppliers that offer them volume discounts. Sometimes, volume discounters offer the same quality materials as traditional supply warehouses, but corners are cut where needed.

Slab foundations, pre-built non custom kitchen cabinets, cheaper - lighter interior doors, little to no crown molding and little to no recessed lighting are all ways "track" homes are kept cheaper.
the term is "tract" home, not "track"
Flag Mon Jul 1, 2013
These homes are really popular, and we’re seeing good prices right now. Whether you opt for new construction or pre-owned, be sure you’re seeing all of the listings because some of the pre-owned sellers are quite competitive in terms of prices. We include all the MLS listings on our site at http://www.searchforcharlestonrealestate.com/west-ashley-rea… in case you want to browse.
Dear Ej,

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you with real estate information in the Charleston area! I am a lifetime Charleston area resident and wouldn't live anywhere else!

Carolina Bay has some great new and resale homes on the market that I would love to provide you information about. I have clients who have bought Centex homes but I also have clients who have bought new homes from other builders too!Just let me know how I can help!

Cheryll

Cheryll Woods-Flowers, Coldwell Banker United
843-442-2219
I hope your interest in Carolina Bay is not only gauged at new homes but also pre-owned homes. I had the pleasure of showing my clients a home on Rutherford Drive this past week and was thoroughly impressed with the quality of the home and neighborhood. This neighborhood is centrally located, which is a huge plus. The West Ashley area of Charleston is a very sought after part of town and has a very active market. If I can be of any service, whether it be questions or to gain your business, please don't hesitate to contact me. I am availble at anytime at (843) 296-8164 or at jhoff@carolinaone.com.
Hey EJ
Presently there are about 35 homes on the market in that area, Centex is a decent builder though personally I have others I prefer better. If you need help in purchasing either in this area or others that I prefer, just contact me, my contact information is below. We would be glad to negotiate this deal or another to make sure you are not over paying for a house in today's up and down market. There is no charge for our services, our fees are always paid by the seller. So give me a call or email when you get a chance so that you get the most bang for the buck!

Team Reese
Spence A. Reese
Harbourtowne RE/Daniel Island
843-478-3104/843-478-3106
team.reese@yahoo.com