Rochelle Joh…, Home Buyer in Depot Planning Distr...

How is the crime in the frayser ralegh?

Asked by Rochelle Johnson, Depot Planning District, Memphis, TN Sat Mar 6, 2010

Answers

5
Frayser & Raleigh are two separate neighborhoods. Just because they are adjacent to each other does not mean that they have the same home values. Actually, Raleigh has two very different sections - west of Austin Peay is a lower priced area than the east of Austin Peay area. In every city there will be pockets of less desirable neighborhoods, but that shouldn't reflect poorly on the entire area.

Combining Frayser & Raleigh does nothing but perpetuate the idea that all of Memphis is a crime ridden slum which is absolutely not true!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 18, 2012
This is a hard question to answer. There are parts of Frayser and and Raleigh that I feel safe in, and there are some parts I know I'm not safe. Most of all the bad stuff in the news happens after dark and its riff raff shoting riff raff.
Your best source of information regarding crime is the local police department--why not call/ visit, ask all your questions and hear all firsthand.
http://www.memphisdailynews.com/CrimeReport.aspx

If you have any home in shelby county. This link will give you an idea of the crime in a radius.

Normally Raleigh and Frayser are thought of as completely differennt areas, even though they are next to each other.