Theresa Jahn, Other/Just Looking in West Islip, NY

How is it living in Hidden Lakes Villas? Some of the condos look old and dark. How is the management here?

Asked by Theresa Jahn, West Islip, NY Sun Aug 26, 2012

Kathy Bogan Cannady’s answer
I don't live there so I can't say personally, but some people like it and others do't...same as any place. Some units are old and tired looking inside; others have been updated which is refelcted in the pricing. Great location west of 41 and less than 2 miles to the beach. KathyBC 800-448-3411 ext 601...(3/29)
Hidden Lake Villas is located in the Park Shore prestigious resort area that has access to a private beach about 5 minutes by car or 15 minutes walk. I live just a stone's-throw away from it and enjoy the beautiful neighborhood. It has a HOA you can become a member of to enjoy all the amenities of resort living. Hidden Lakes Villas is an alcove of condominiums with its own lake, swimming and tennis facilities. The condos are in 8 separate buildings. The location therefore determines how bright it is. As it is an established condo community the interior of the condos depends on whether the owners have updated or renovated it which many did usually before they put them on the market for sale. The prices are then also adjusted accordingly. However, once in a while a great deal may be had and one can do the updating him/herself and can make it as luxurious as desired. The buildings seem to be sound and the management involved in many of the activities and upkeep of the place and have even earned "best " accolade in landscaping and such from the Park Shore Association. Reach me at 239-272-7818 with your taste and wants list and I will be delighted if I can be of assistance in finding you a wonderful place in the complex or even closer to the beach within your budget. Thank you!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 28, 2012
It's ok. The strongest asset is the location, beautiful Park Shore neighborhood, 1 mile from the sand. It's a dated property, but the maintenance staff work hard to keep it up. The management, however, is extremely unprofessional and even hostile at times. This is a major downside. Unfortunately, the board is made up of mostly seasonal residents and doesn't really take the time to address/change the management issues.

Most of the residents and renters are friendly, but it gets quite loud during season. Because the buildings are old, there's no sound proofing. Plumbing and roof leaks are also problems in several of the buildings (but not all of them). I strongly recommend you thoroughly research the building and unit you're interested in before making any kind of offer. It used to be very reasonable to buy here, but that's changing with the market upswing and some units are selling above value. We lucked out with our unit, but will likely purchase a house sooner than we planned because the management is the pits.
I just bought a third floor unit in April. Needs total updating, but the price was right. Because of its location, I don't have a view of the lake or sunshine coming into my windows. Don't have to close my shades to block out the intense rays of the sun, but every day is a view in Naples, no matter where you go, so when I come home...I'm viewless. Management is top notch and keeps the place in order. Lots of exterior improvments happening in the next 2 years, so values will increase. So close to everything, and a great value for the money and location. Frank Falcone
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
Overall it is a nice community. I don't live there, but the friends who I have are very satisfied with it. Great location, some units are dark (depends on the floor). The higher up units are superbright as is the case in all multi-units complexes. Some units updated, other not. Over all for the price and location it is a good value! Call for more specifics KathyBC@ 800-448-3411 ext 601. (8/27)
Theresa -

I have shown many units in Hidden Lakes Villas. It is a great community with outstanding management and a dynamite location. You are within biking distance of the Park Shore beach access and the Venetian Village, walking distance to Swan River Seafood and other great restaurants and a short drive to either 5th Ave or Mercato.

Yes, some of the interior units are dark and some units have not been updated but if you find a lakefront, end unit that has been updated, it will not be either of the aforementioned.

If you would like more information or a list of those lakefront units, please feel free to contact me at (239) 289-2650 or

Dustin Beard, ABR, CREN, CRS, GRI
Broker Associate
John R. Wood, Inc. REALTORS
3255 Tamiami Trail N.
Naples, Fl. 34103
Cell: (239)289-2650
Fax: (239)325-2787
Hidden Lakes is in the Community of Parkshore and depends on unit and position of condo as far as darkness. The community is older and well kept and west of 41 which is great location. The community is a mix of season ansd non-seasonal residents. Management is solvent as not much reo or short sale activity in there d/t older established community.
For more information on communities you can go to and also get detailed information on properties as well. Any other question I can be of help with ,please let me know.
Lean Anderson
The condos are older as it is an older established community. The management is solvent as there are not alot of short sale or foreclosures in the community. The location is west of 41 and in the parkshore area and is a great location.
If i can be of more help please feel free to contact me. Also you can got to and review the communities.
Leann Anderson
service to the stars
Hello Theresa,

I represented a delightful couple when they bought a condo there about one year ago and they love the location, the management and their neighbors. They upgraded the condo and it is gorgeous. You should give the property consideration.

Mary Henderson