In My Neighborhood in 85375>Question Details

Donna D., Home Buyer in Sun City West, AZ

How dog friendly is the community I have my two wet nosed kids that I love and keep me active and going, A Mini Pin 9 years old and a African?

Asked by Donna D., Sun City West, AZ Wed Jan 25, 2012

Barkless dog a Basenji 2 years old. I have a group of dog people I get together with where I live now in Burbank, CA and it is great they are all Basenji people. I also really love swimming and get togethers also the theatre.

Answers

6
Kellie M Gray’s answer
I live in Sun City and my dog (age 9) and I participate in several activities. My dog's favorite is Nosework. This is where the dog learns to sniff out and find certain odors much like the drug detection dogs. It is a lot of fun using the dog's innate hunting skills. Because it is more of a mental challenge for the dog rather than a physical challenge, it is appropriate for older dogs. All ages and all breeds are welcome. There are other activities too. You can email at inquiry@NowwhosthebossAZ.com or call Kim Baer the trainer at 602-391-5336 for more info. You can also contact me at 623-980-9508.
Hi Donna,

Sun City West has a community dog park with separate sections for small and large dogs. Very nice indeed.
Neighboring City of Surprise also has a nearby large dog park also sectioned off for smaller and larger dogs. That park is closed on Wednesdays. There are some of the so-called "condo associations" that govern smaller HOAs, typically consisting of partio style, apartment style or duplex (Gemini Twin Homes) homes that may restrict occupants as to the number and size of pets they may have. A few of these small HOAs may not allow pets of any kind but that is the exception and not the rule.

Asd a note of caution, It should be noted to owners of small pets that the Sun Cites and surrounding areas have coyotes living in the communites, typically in and around golf courses. They are a danger to small domesticated animals as are some of the hawks that live here in the area. Overall, this area is great to have and enjoy pets.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 26, 2012
For the most part pets are welcome and common. Sometimes if you try to purchase a condo or a duplex you will run into some hoa's that don't allow pets. Obviously, those units would not be a good match for you! Let me know if you need any further assistance! I can put you on an auto e-mail feed of properties that would accept pets if it helps! thanks for asking!! Tim "Go4" Grams KEN MEADE REALTY.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 25, 2012
Sun City West has a wonderful community dog park at the RH Johnson Recreation Center. It has a separate run for small dogs.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 25, 2012
Sun City Grand is a great community very dog friendly have great community pools to enjoy
Sun City West is a very dog friendly community. Right now with the hot weather, people get out early to walk their dogs.