Robert Suarez, Real Estate Pro in Toms River, NJ

How does the proposed addition of another windmill to the existing one, affect the homes values in Ocean Gate ?

Asked by Robert Suarez, Toms River, NJ Fri Mar 26, 2010

I have some research on the studies done on the impact of wind farms on real estate values. Most are dealing with large wind farms . In those reports the long term impact on real estate values are very low. However I wonder if a small town has a different dynamic.

Answers

1
The answer to this question isn't as clear cut and precise as one might want. People on both sides have their opinions as to why or why not wind farms should be allowed in their towns, and Ocean Gate, New Jersey probably isn't much different on that accord.

A salient difference between the affect on real estate values in big/small towns is the size of the wind farms, and the proximity to homes, and the current market values of properties in the direct vicinity of the wind farms.

Yes, Ocean Gate may have one windmill, then another, then another....until they are sprouting out of the ground like daises. But for now, I think residents of Ocean Gate can feel confident that their home values will not slip tremendously due to the windmill--just as long as the erection of the mechanical pinwheels do not turn out to be like the row of windmills that blow speedily along Route 30 in Atlantic City.

Cara Realtors,
Point Pleasant Beach, NJ