Bfarber, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

How do we find a Real Estate Lawyer?

Asked by Bfarber, Brooklyn, NY Sun Mar 20, 2011

Running after an ambulance on his day off. A short cut to chasing them is catch up to them in the yellow pages.
I just google lawyers and they start knocking on my door.
Experience and references and a little tid bit to note as I found this out on a friends closing. If you get a Brooklyn lawyer and he lives in Long Island he should not charge you his gas , tolls etc as this lawyer tried to do. You have hired a bklyn attorney and your paying for a Bklyn lawyer.
I was very disappointed in this lawyer as I recommended him. I'll never use him again nor recommend him.
I have a great Real Estate attorney I work closely with. Give me a call at my office or shoot me an email. I can pass along the number.

Ask people you know for recommendations, check with any local Chamber of Commerce branch, also see link...
Buying and or Selling a Brooklyn home is stressful enough! The right Realtor® and the right real estate attorney can make all the difference in the world. There are a few ways to find a good real estate attorney. 1. Recommendation from a friend or relative that has used a lawyers services (make sure the have used him or her themselves). 2.Your Realtor can give you a few to interview. 3. The Yellow pages! ( NOT ) !Below is a link for a free publication written by a Brooklyn attorney that may give you insight to the process, check it out.

Good Luck with the home buying process.
Dear BFarber:

There are three important factors you want to look at when hiring an attorney. Firstly you want someone who specializes in real estate. Secondly you want someone who is located in the actual area you are buying in (Brooklyn). And thirdly you want an attorney who is experienced.

If your attorney is strong in those three factors you cannot go wrong.

If you need help locating an attorney, call me and I can give you some names. Good luck!

Mitchell Feldman
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
(718) 645-1665/ (917) 805-0783
Make sure whoever you choose does at leasr 50% of their work in real estate. A lawyer not experienced in real estate can hurt a deal.
We have a few in our area who are affiliated with the local title companies. That might be a good start too.
Call your real estate agent and they will be able to recommend an attorney in your area. If you do not have an agent you can look for a local title company. They usually have real estate lawyers in house and should be able to help you find someone.
Web Reference: