In My Neighborhood in 08742>Question Details

Cheryl, Home Owner in 08742

How do public schools place middle school students with regards to teams. I know some schools have a A team and a B team.

Asked by Cheryl, 08742 Wed Feb 16, 2011

do the smarter kids get placed differently then a lower students. Are better teachers also given to smarter student.

Answers

3
Cheryl,
This question can be answered by one of two people. Are you asking about scholastics? Call Dr. John Ravally, superintendant of the Point Pleasant Beach School System. If it is about athletics, and he can't answer your question, he should be able to direct you to the athletic director in the middle school district. This phone number is for the beach, if you live in the borough, you can look up the same numbers, or contact me for further info. Hope this is helpful!
Hi Cheryl,

I don't believe a REALTOR is particularily suited to answer these questions.

Solely based on being a former student, a parent, a coach, and being related to several teachers, my impression is sports team selections are usually based primarily on performance (both historical and during try-outs) of the sport in question. Similarily, students tend to get grouped together mostly based on their academic performance over time as well as in relation to what the course level is.

My suggestion would be to chat with the coach(es) and guidance people. Good luck!
Bruce
For an accurate answer, consider asking the question to the specific school districts of interest...