In My Neighborhood in 87571>Question Details

lialmb, Other/Just Looking in Taos, NM

How do I find a realtor who can find property owners who want to rent with option to purchase in Taos?

Asked by lialmb, Taos, NM Thu Apr 26, 2012

Answers

4
Emily Medvec’s answer
First, begin by contacting the local Taos Board of Realtors for contact information on the several of your local brokerages. Then call the managing broker and ask them to make a referral to an expereinced agent and/or property manager who can begin to work with you to find your rent with option to purchase home. The phone is 575-758-7411 and their web site is http://www.taosmls.net. My recommend would be to find an experienced Realtor who knows your market and would be best informed on current opportunties. Best of luck in your efforts!
Look for local Taos brokers who have experience with lease options (they must know what they are doing when it comes to this type of transactions!). They should be able to even find some in the local MLS, but if not, they should be willing to approach landlords and/or sellers with reasonable proposals. However, there needs to be someone and some way to pay the broker, because they simply can not offer their expertise for free, of course. You may need to pay a consulting fee if there are not MLS homes offering lease options (and there may be few if any in such a small market). Sellers might also be able to contribute to make it all happen. Keep in mind that most sellers, especially if they are represented by a broker in the MLS will require an option fee of anywhere from $2K-$5K, depending on the property value, etc. Lease options have lots of potential terms, but there are some pretty standard terms that are fair to both sides... fair meaning, reasonable risk and compensation/benefit to both sides. I am happy to share those with you if you email me directly. I wish you the best of luck, lease options can be excellent contracts, but do be very careful, they can also be used to exploit the heck out of inexperienced or desperate people!
Thx Lia, best of luck!
Flag Tue May 1, 2012
Dear David, many thanks for your excellent and personable response. When I know more about my situation and need a broker I'll certainly contact you,
Take care, Lia
Flag Fri Apr 27, 2012

You can simply go directly to http://www.taosmls.net to locate Taos Realtors who you can consult with regarding your interests.

Leigh-Jo
Syan Real Estate
Call/Text: (505) 730-8181
Web Reference: http://www.Syan.com
Look for Real Estate Companies that are full service, including a property management divison.
Property Managers in New Mexico also have a Real Estate license. At Garland Realty & Development here in Las Cruces NM I have worked on a number of deals with other Realtors in our office.