In My Neighborhood in 40361>Question Details

nbenincasa2, Home Buyer in Lexington, KY

How close to Avon Army Depot/chemical weapon storage is farm? Is depot visible from farm?

Asked by nbenincasa2, Lexington, KY Sat Jun 30, 2012

Answers

3
I think I'm correct on this, but any weapon storage would be at the Bluegrass Army Depot in Madison County, KY which is 40 miles away. They are supposed to be in process of disposing of it. The army depot at AVON was closed in early 80's. There are military contractors stationed at that location now but I don't believe any weapons or biological weapons of any kind.
No the old Avon Army Depot is not visible from Park Place Court or any area in Paris. It is approximately 10 miles from Park Place via back roads. I believe the property was taken over by the Lexington-Fayette County Government. They have a tennis court and a swimming pool on the property.
No it's not visible but its only 15 minutes away.
Could you provide me with just the name of the street and I will research it and get back to you.
Bill Roach
859-576-7716
Silvestri-Craig Realtors
College Road
Flag Wed Feb 26, 2014