In My Neighborhood in 97333>Question Details

opalk9, Home Buyer in Corvallis, OR

How close is the nearest high school and elementrary school?

Asked by opalk9, Corvallis, OR Tue Nov 13, 2012

Answers

4
One of the things that I love about Corvallis is that there are so many options very close to us. You have the option of public or private schools at all levels. One of the things that my family considered when we were moving to Corvallis was what was more important...for us it was space vs. ease of commute. We chose space which meant that our kids road the bus to school - grade school through high school until they could drive. I live about 6 miles from my office and it only takes me 10 +/- minutes to drive to work...yet another reason that I love Corvallis.
Looks like you're in the 97333 zip code, which would indicate a S. Corvallis location. Nearest High School is Corvallis High on 1400 NW Buchanan (close to Fred Meyer) and there are two elementary schools Adams and Lincoln. There are some areas of the 97333 zip code (east of the Willamette for example) that will feed into other schools. Your best bet is to contact the district office for details Here's a link to their site: http://soldbydava.com/community/school-information/
If you would like to email me the address of the home in question, I could send you a map of the school boundries and/or look them up for you
Gary@investmentprop.net
Corvallis is a small city, only about 3 miles across, so there are few places that are not close to an elementary school. One of the charms of the town is that many children are still able to walk to school. There are two high schools. Corvallis High is centrally located, so many students can walk or bike to it, and Crescent Valley High is located a little ways out of town to the north - the majority of CV students ride the bus or drive.