sadieherb77, Home Owner in Placentia, CA

How can a HOA change a tract's designation from condominium to P.U.D.?

Asked by sadieherb77, Placentia, CA Sat May 25, 2013

Our condominium Unit is a three-dimensional box including: front yard, back yard, side yards, a two-story house, and space. Everything between the back-of-curb (or back-of-sidewalk if applicable), and the center of the back 6' block wall; and between the centers of the two side 6' block walls is the length and width of the Unit.

Answers

4
Not entirely sure how it works with site built condos but with a Manufactured Home PUD it starts out as a PUD from the very beginning planning stages and is designed, designated and built out as a PUD. Not quite sure you could take a condo to a PUD. But as others have stated why do you want to do this? Is it because of financing by chance?
When the builder applied for their permit it was approved based on the map and zoning for the community. I have never heard of anyone changing the zoning designation of a condo to a PUD. You would first have to start with the HOA documents to see what was recorded and the rights and process to make changes. Once you have an understanding of that you can go to the Planning Department. I would imagine you would need 100% approval from the current condo owners. And a good reason and plan in place to present to the Building and Planning Department.
Web Reference: http://www.TerriVellios.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 25, 2013
Hi Sadie,
Why are you wanting to know this?
Just curious. I do not believe you can do that. There may be some type of changes that can be made like a white report type of thing which is used to change apartments to condos. I personally have never heard of condos changing to PUD's. What benefit are you looking for? I would really like to know!
I think the best place to start is your city planning dept.
Connie Bramble
Prudential CA Realty
dre#898302
714-337-8718
The designation is made when the complex is built and a PUD is noted on the title......why is this a concern...?

Linda M.Lukas
Broker
LUKAS PROPERTIES
714-381-1723