In My Neighborhood in 37411>Question Details

Ethel Zuniga, Home Buyer in Chattanooga, TN

How bad is the traffic from this address to Baylor School road during school year?

Asked by Ethel Zuniga, Chattanooga, TN Mon Jul 23, 2012

Answers

5
I agree with Scott as well - stay on the West side of Chattanooga if your drive time is a concern.
I live in the E. Brainerd County area and work downtown. I can be in the office in the morning in about 25 minutes. Driving home can be a bit longer but is rarely longer than 45 mnutes unless there is a wreck. The ridge cut always slows but usually moves unless there is a wreck. My family and I have thought about moving closer in but find that the community atmosphere, schools and family activities far outweigh the traffic. The 27 expansion project has had no effect on my drive.
Thanks, a lot. I have heard the same about the atmosphere and advantages for a family in the E. Brainerd County area.
Flag Tue Jul 24, 2012
Without an address it is tough. I agree with Scott for the most part. I would stay on the West side of Chattanooga if your drive time is a concern. I would look at Signal Moutnain, Hixson, Red Bank and even Soddy-Daisy. The drive in for Ooltewah ad the East Brainerd can be a little long most mornings especially with the expansion project going on on 27. Good luck with your search.
Thanks. I am looking at houses in the East Brainerd area. It would be from that area to the area around Baylor School. I appreciate your input.
Flag Tue Jul 24, 2012
Don't have an address for the home you're talking about unfortunately, but I can at least share with you what you might expect traveling from the different areas to Baylor.

Your easiest commute would be from the Mountain Creek area. Probably the longest commute (if you're thinking of living in the Chattanooga area) would be from Ooltewah & East Brainerd thanks to coming through the ridge-cut on I-24. It will vary greatly depending on where exactly you are talking about, but I'd allow 40 - 45 minutes or so if I lived in the county section of East Brainerd or northern Ooltewah.
If you live on Signal Mountain, even though you are close, at times the single-lane road down the mountain can back up during rush hour. One great option would be Hixson/or even Soddy Daisy as you can typically jump on 27 or Hixson Pike & usually make pretty good time.
Hope this helps.
Since no address is given--maybe consider asking any neighbor(s).....