In My Neighborhood in 86323>Question Details

L, Home Buyer in Chino Valley, AZ

How bad are the rattlesnakes in yards?

Asked by L, Chino Valley, AZ Wed Nov 9, 2011

Answers

15
Actually, there are quite a few rattlesnakes in the Chino Valley area. Out of the 13 species of rasttlesnakes in Arizona, Chino Valley has 3 of them. Arizona Black Rattlesnakes (Crotalus cerberus) in the higher hills along with Blacktail Rattlesnakes (Crotalus molussus) and the most common in the Chino Valley area is the Mojave Rattlesnake (Crotalus scutulatus). I do quite a few rattlesnake removal calls in Chino Valley every year. A few years ago a lady in Paulden was struck by a Mojave Rattlesnake and died (Google it). Just because one does not see one does not mean that they are common....just like bobcats, etc.

Arizona has over 100 rattlesnake bites EVERY YEAR! The Phoenix valley area has over 3,000 rattlesnake calls every year.

SNAKES OF ARIZONA ! ! !
http://www.snakesofarizona.com

:)

Kerby...
GET A FEW OF THESE " BRATS" THEY EAT RATTLERS AND MICE
I have lived here 11 years and have not seen one snake.
I have been on 5 north for over 2 years and have never seen any kind of snake.. Of course I have 3 German Shepherd Dogs...
I have not seen one in all the times I have been in Arizona but if rattlesnakes are a concern, I suggest you not live in the country. Heck, I live on the border of the San Bernardino National forrest and have since 1988 and I have only seen two rattlesnakes on my property in all that time.
I've been here since 2004 and have yet to see one on any of the properties we've lived on.
I have lived in Arizona since 1996 and have never had a rattlesnake in my yard.
I've lived in Chino Valley near this home for 3 years moved here from WA. State. I haven't seen a rattler yet, and yeah I was paranoid too. Got the dogs rattlesnake shots at the vet, so far, only the most beautiful King Snakes that eat any little bothersome creatures, that you ended up falling smitten with. We have tiny little iguana's...that at the mere sight of you, immediately do about..200 push ups in one miniute, I was impressed! It's a sweet neighborhood, our kids ride horses or four wheelers, if ever you need something, just ask, very easy-going. In town, you'll get to know the folks, and they'll get to know you. It's really nice, to be greeted by name, ask where their fishing these days? or hunting or just shoot the breeze. A very Community place to live. My neighbors haven't locked their doors in years so they say, and I do know two neighbors who leave their keys under the floor mats of their trucks! OMG, I'm not brave enough to do that yet! All...in....all....it's a really sweet place to live. If you like working on cars, or trucks, motorcycles, horses, donkeys, ......that easy going! I asked my neighbors about rattle snakes, and they always have a great story, but, it's always up north never right at home. In the summer most of us set up our big above ground pools and ya can hear everyone laughing and playing. It's a peaceful place, great place to let the kids ride their bikes, dirt bikes, horses, or donkeys!
Rattlesnakes CAN BE DEADLY! I live in Paulden, just North of Chino Valley, were we have come upon several in our yard...Moving here from Florida and not knowing much about rattlesnakes, we called a local "relocator" after coming home to one within striking distance from out garage door, who informed us that a "baby" rattlesnake, when it bites, it COULD give all it's poison in a bite...which COULD make it deadly. PROCEED WITH CAUTION!
L,
Not many ratlesnakes here that I have seen. I think it may not be hot enough for them. There are occasional Bigfoot creatures around. They're not so bad either, just offer them a Butterfinger and they'll go away.
J
Glad to know you Arizonians have a sense of humor!
Any one else, find this post funny..
I like it..I am from the area and haven't seen many rattlesnakes.
Best of luck to you "Bi-polar L".
Being from the Polar region, it's easily understood why you are considering Arizona for the climate change.
You freaking moron, what kind of a question is that? Yes, I am bi-polar.