In My Neighborhood in 14086>Question Details

Kim Sacco, Home Buyer in Java Center, NY

How are the taxes a yr.?

Asked by Kim Sacco, Java Center, NY Mon Jun 13, 2011

Answers

2
Kim,

Taxes will vary depending on the assessed value of the home you are considering in Lancaster. As a resident and mortgage professional in the town, I can tell you that the most recent tax rates for school taxes (per $1000 of assessed value) were $14.670576/$1000 and $13.578861/$1000 plus $100-$400 in miscellaneous taxes for town/county.

For example, a home assessed for $150,000 would reflect tax estimates of $1761 for school taxes (including STAR) and $2201 for town/county taxes. Of course, these are only estimates and must be confirmed by the Town Clerk, Johanna Coleman.

I would be happy to calculate estimates for your specific situation. If interested, please call me at 716-685-9696 at your convenience.

Ron Fronckowiak
President & Licensed Mortgage Professional
R & R Funding, Inc.
Web Reference: http://www.WNYmortgages.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 13, 2011
Keep in mind that taxes do vary by exact location, property size, upgrades, schools, etc., if referring to a specific property any local agent can give you the information, or consider contacting the local tax assessor's office.