SteveCramer.…, Other/Just Looking in 90066

Hi everyone. I'm curious, what are the monthly HomwOwners Association/maintenance fees?

Asked by SteveCramer.acnrep, 90066 Thu Jul 26, 2012

Answers

3
Definitely check with your real estate agent BEFORE you sign on the dotted line. Look at history of increases, what it will cover, especially what will be excluded from coverage (i.e. flat roofs leaking in garage).

Also, make sure you receive a copy of CC&RR's (Community Covenants, Regulations, & Restrictions) BEFORE you sign on the dotted line. For example, can you wash your car on Thursday evening, or can you hang ANYTHING from your windows/balconies/patios/facia? As ridiculous as this sounds where I used to live they refused to allow a veteran to hang an American Flag. The reason: It would not make the community look uniform. In other words, no personal touches were allowed unless it was confined to areas that could only be seen by you.

A lot of this has to do with the HOA's board. I suggest visiting the place around the time everyone would be getting home from work & talk to it's resident's, as well as your personal real estate agent.

DO NOT use the buyer's agent! This person will not work in your best interest (even if they're related). Because the higher the selling cost the more commission they will make.

Above all keep your eyes & ears open. If you've got a gut feeling, there is a reason. I hope this helps you & good luck in your search.
You would need to check with the homeowners association. They all are different depending on many things such as amenities, what is covered, common grounds, etc. I have even seen them be different in the same community.
Hi Steve, You should have received some paperwork which explains what your particular homeowners association fees cover. Some of them include roof replacement, gardening, streetlights, street paving, tree trimming, etc. It will be whatever was set up at the time the HOA was established. I would suggest you contact the HOA management for clarification of what costs are covered. Most of them have a booklet that they hand out to new owners to explain what is expected of each owner and what to expect from the HOA. If I can be of any help to you please feel free to give me a call. Jan DeTomaso, Realtor with Keller Williams 661-431-4194