In My Neighborhood in 30518>Question Details

Daisyjune, Other/Just Looking in Atlanta&NY/LI

Hi all! Re: Lake Lanier private home docks -- Anyone who has one or knows about these private docks? We

Asked by Daisyjune, Atlanta&NY/LI Tue May 26, 2009

are new here -- can anyone use the home docks? We have had a strange boat tied up to our dock for 3 days now - is this normal or accepted practice? We don't know where the owners are- we don't have much water and the dock sags due to no water support, but the boat owners must have walked over it, not really safe - Please, can someone tell us how to handle this? We don't know but would have thought it's like parking your car in someone's driveway--thanks so much

Check the registration find out who owns it and ask them to move it!! If not then you could turn them in for trespassing.

Have it towed??
I've got to agree with Charlotte. That is a strange problem. I've had a lake house since 1999 and no one has ever tied up to our dock. It could possibly be trespassing, since you own the dock. I would also suggest contacting the police instead of, or in addtion to contacting DNR and/or the Army Corps of Engineers. I'd love to hear how this turns out. Please let me know. Thanks!
Docks are private property. You bought it, you own it. Not sure what to do about this case. I would try the DNR or the Corps of Engineers if it is still there in the morning!

You can also try to lookup the boat registration assuming that it has a decal with the registration number as it is supposed to. Here is a link for that.

You can look by county or download the entire database...

Good luck with this strange one!