Amy, Home Buyer in Trumbull, CT

Hi! I'm looking to move to FL. However, I'm confused on where to buy? I'm thinking St Pete /Sarasota.I need a good job market & schools.Advice?

Asked by Amy, Trumbull, CT Wed Feb 27, 2013

Answers

9
Hi Amy,

I am originally from Hamden Ct. and started buying down here in the mid 80's. I am partial to Pinellas county (Tarpon Springs to St. Pete)- The Gulf on one side and the bay on the other. We moved here permanently in 2002-threw away the snow shovels.

There are plenty of school options. The school website is:

https://www.pcsb.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=a…

There is also a school zone indicator where you can plug in the address and it will tell you the assigned elementary, middle and high school:

Whether in St. Pete, Seminole, Palm Harbor, or surrounding towns there are an array of choices.

Have you looked into jobs yet? If you have an idea of where you are working you can plan on a commute radius to search in. Are you looking for a single family, villa, townhome or condo? How many people? Pets? There's a lot that goes into the mix.

Suggestion: interview full time professional realtors, find one you are comfortable with and then map out a plan. I feel an informed client makes the best decisions regarding their real estate needs. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Pam Cohn
Broker Associate, GRI, SFR, NHS
Real Estate Consulting, Marketing & Sales
Prudential Tropical Realty
2539 Countryside Blvd #3 Clearwater, FL 33761
pcohn@prutropical.com
727-204-7155
Hi Amy,

I am a lifelong resident of St. Petersburg. I grew up and went to the schools here as well. As most before me have said, Sarasota is a bit older population and a bit more expensive. Great place to visit. I love both areas, but am partial to St. Pete of course! Beautiful beaches, Active downtown with restaurants, shopping and art Always something to do there. There are also other very nice areas right here close to St. Pete as well, including Seminole and Clearwater. As far as schools go, there are many options for all. Check out http://www.pcsb.org

I would love to help you as well.
Feel free to call anytime.

Karen Perkins
727-686-4730
Perkinskd3@aol.com
http://www.wingaterealtors.com
Amy,

Are you looking for schooling for you or your children? What job field are you in? Both areas you mentioned are very nice places to live. Great outdoor activities at both. I would suggest looking at the job market first, then trying to determine a place to live. Depending on the business you are in the job could be harder to find than a great neighborhood.
I live in the Valrico/Brandon area just outside Tampa. I love it. We have all the great amenitites of the large city with the closeness of a smaller community. Great schools and of course great beaches within a short drive. I also love the Sarasota area. It is a place I visit often on vacation. Has amazing beaches as well.
Please review my profile on Trulia and send me a message with your contact info. Or email me directly at THOYT@prutropical.com

No pressure, just help.
Respectfully,
Tracy Hoyt
Prudential Tropical Realty
You can't go wrong.....Tampa to Englewood. This is a great location with so much available that contributes to an improved quality of life. If larger city activity and night life are a priority for you consider Tampa or St. Pete. On the other hand if you are seeking a little slower pace, taking a look a Sarasota or Venice might be worthwhile for you.

Good luck with your search,

billeckler@michaelsaunders.com
941-408-5363
Dear Amy,

Your decision will be easier to make by visiting in person and looking at the job classifieds to see what is currently offered in your field. There are many criteria to consider when deciding on a place to move but only you can place those on a list according to priority. Like Isy said below, Sarasota, in general, has an older demographic and property tends to be more expensive there. The differences between St Petersburg and Sarasota will be very apparent to you and you will probably decide easily which one it should be. If you need any other information, I would be glad to help.

Barry Smith
Excellent Service Realty
727-773-6677
Hi Amy,

I live in Treasure Island Beach, FL . Not sure what job market you are looking into and age of your children but would love the opportunity to help you any way I can. Please email or call with a little more information.

Carin Bowman
carinbowman@aol.com
Century 21 R E Champions
813-363-4642
Hi Amy,
I live and work in the St Pete Beach Area.
It's been 12 years since I moved, and I looove this area.
Call me on my cell. Would love to help you find the right place for you.

Maria Mercado-Stephens
Masters and Quality Service Pinnacle Award Winner 2010, 2011, 2012
REALTOR ®

maria.mercado@century21.com

Century 21 Jim White and Associates
10645 Gulf Blvd,
Treasure Island, FL 33706

Mobile: 727-642-1151
Office: 727-367-3795
Fax: 727-360-2739
Hi Amy,

I'm a lifelong resident of the Tampa Bay area and can provide a lot of knowledge with respect to our area. Please feel free to contact me directly I'd love to help!

Linda Mann
REMAX All Star
727-422-0069, Mobile
lindamann1@live.com, EMail
Hi Amy,

The greater Tampa bay area has a lot of options as far as the job market, schools and housing. It tends to be more affordable and a younger demographic then Sarasota. I relocated from NY about 12 years ago and I work at Hot Homes Realty and would be happy to speak with you and help you with your decision. Fell free to contact me if you like.

Isy Bundziak
Hot Homes Realty, Inc.
727.808.5635
Hothomes.Isy@hotmail.com