sillysam0102, Home Buyer in Lewisville, TX

Hi I am moving to the Dallas/Fort Worth area with American Airlines, an am interested in finding out more info about the homes in the this area, Ie

Asked by sillysam0102, Lewisville, TX Tue Jul 3, 2012

Demographics, crime and just in general area, is this a area that is on the decline, or??? Thanks for your help Joy

Answers

17
Patrick Fields’ answer
Hi Sam,

DFW is one of the largest metroplex regions in the country. It would be impossible to group the entire regional area into one demographic and statistical summary. Which sections are you considering? DFW Airport is west of the City and East of FT worth - almost half way between both.

Many people who work at DFW Airport live in areas such as the "mid-cities", Arlington, Irving, Las Colinas, Lewisville, Coppell and similar suburbs.

For specific data on the demos and crime, check the website below. If you don't find what you need, email me at realtorpatrickfields@gmail.com and I'll help you further.

Welcome to the area!
Web Reference: http://www.city-data.com/
Sorry! Joy - I got the name Sam from your email address.
Flag Tue Jul 3, 2012
You need to connect with an experienced area Realtor who will either be able to respond to some of your questions as they are related to property values and distances to transportation and commutes.
For many of your questions the REaltor really is not allowed by law to give his or her input, but will be able to direct you to the authorities or websites that can then give you the answers to your questions.
If you are in need of a Buyers Agent in the Dallas Fort Worth Are, let me know and I gladly make some good recommendations.... read on to understand why you should work with an experienced buyers agent:

I am not a Real Estate Broker from your area of interest, but when I see a question like yours, then I always wonder why a Buyer anywhere is not working with an experienced local Realtor, a Buyers Agent, one who will work on behalf and in the very BEST interest of the Buyer, not only finding the properties, showing them, but also getting the Buyers pre-approved by a lender, so that they will buy within their limits and comfort zone, but there are so many details to pay attention to like the various terms of the offer, negotiations with the Seller, earnest moneys, inspection, appraisal issues, walk thru, estimates for repairs, market analysis for a property so that it will be a competitive offer and sooooo much more.

Buyers Agents are usually if the property is listed on the multiple listing services i.e. listed by a real estate company/brokerage paid by the Seller's side at the closing out of the Seller's proceeds, i.e.
the Buyers Agents services are free to you the Buyer, but your commitment and loyalty to one Buyers Agent will be required....

Give this some thought, as the questions you asked are concerned, your Buyers Agent will be able to get you all the answers, and more than that also what the assessments cover, as this is different for each condo, pets allowed or not etc. etc.
DO NOT DO THIS ON YOUR OWN …. FOR YOUR OWN PROTECTION…….
Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com Check out my website at htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 6, 2012
Edith, I don't believe anyone could have said it any better!
Flag Fri Jul 6, 2012
We have a property for rent in the beautiful Meadowbrook neighborhood of Fort Worth. It's a great place to live and the area is being updated and improved. It breaks our hearts to leave, but I've been transferred. Here's the ad: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3130383575-1601-Queen-St-Fort-W…
And you are telling them this a YEAR later?!?
Flag Fri Sep 6, 2013
We moved to Central Meadowbrook last year. I love it. The homes are mostly from the 1960's and are quite a bargain. We found a steal of a deal on a 3000sf home for less than $45/sf. Its a quiet and friendly place. According to one website I follow (rhymes with pillow) this area is expected to gain 12+ percent in the coming year. Parts of the area are iffy, the closer you get to Lancaster St., the iffier it gets. There is not much shopping near by, but it's much faster and easier to get around Ft. Worth than it is in Dallas or even Arlington or Irving. If you are looking for a peaceful area with large homes and lots, this is it!
I agree the Central Meadowbrook area if you stay north of meadowbrook can be very desirable. It might sound a little corny however I love spending time down in the Historical Handley area because everyone knows everyone. The shop owns of m&m resale and Walton's Jewelers are amazing and sweet. Did you know they're getting ready to start tearing down the apartment complex across the street from the Woodhaven Country Club area. Talk has it that the city might be aiming at taking down the section 8 housing off meadowbrook as well.

Ps. And no I'm living in Bedford, TX. Working on either purchasing in Mansfield or Midlothian in the next year.
Flag Sun Aug 18, 2013
"Meeting your needs and exceeding your dreams!"

Please feel free to contact me directly in order to suceed in todays market. My attention to detail will save you time, money and land you in your dream estate. I understand relocating to a new area can be stressful and at times you might find yourself questioning your new location. Let me relieve some of the stress and contact me today.

Ps. If you are looking for an agent that works weekends and is always on call look this way.

3xUS Army Veteran/ Real Estate Consultant
Jospeh Fernandez
cell: 817-975-7258
off: 817-675-1157
website: http://www.blissful-estates.com
The good thing about Dallas is the cost of living is substantially lower than big cities like LA, NY, and Chicago. You can also get a lot more house per square foot. Send me an email and Id be glad to send you some properties so that you can see first hand what I'm referring to.
Like everyone has stated, this is a great area, but a very large area.

I've relocated with my family & dog from a small West Texas town and it was overwhelming. So I definitely understand what your going through and would be happy to assist you.

I here for the customer which is #1.

Please feel free to contact me anytime.

Noe Martinez
Synergy Realty
Southlake, TX
817 975 1452
Your post was: "Like everyone else has stated..." Have you looked up the word "Redundant" in the dictionary? What was the purpose of your post? Who did it help?
Are you aware that this question was posted a YEAR ago??
Flag Thu Jul 11, 2013
White lake hills area in fort worth is a great neighborhood that not a lot of people know about. Primarily retired people with a few families with kids. Very little crime. The houses are all different and unique (custom homes), although they are older homes, most of them have a lot of great character! They are very affordable and bigger bang for your buck!
Wow, Callie, you just replied to a question that is over a year old! ~I do like the area you live in, and if you hear of any of your neighbors who are thinking of moving, give me a call. I have been selling homes around here for 33 years. I can also get you a better rate on your electric service, so contact me if you'd like to save some money on your utility bills. Rick 817-300-6121 WholeLife@Yahoo.com
Flag Mon Jul 8, 2013

Jospeh Fernandez
cell: 817-975-7258
off: 817-675-1157
Have you decided on an agent yet?

I'm here to assist any way I can.

Nathan Beckey, Realtor

Exclusive Properties Texas
'Live Outside the Box'

817.691.3602
nathan@exclusivepropertiestexas.com
Hi Joy
Welcome to the Metroplex!
I am attaching a link to my market insider site. You can find detailed information on schools, crime, and everything else you may want to know. Good luck to you on your home search and if you have any questions at all please feel free to contact me directly!

http://www.dfwfamilyrealty.info/mimarket/zip/76244/

John Straub
Keller Williams
817-729-4281
john@dfwfamilyrealty.com
http://www.dfwfamilyrealty.info
I represent many relo's to the DFW there are other areas you might want to consider. Much also depends on what you are qualified to purchase

Dallas homes for sale Dallas Tx

http://www.lynn911.com/Web/AR287090/CustomContent/index/5055822

Contact my office today where I can show you many amazing homes work with your family specifications.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
Dear Joy,

We welcome you to the DFW area! Where are you transferring from?

I was formerly an instructor at the American Airlines Flight Academy, which is near the airport. I shall assume you will be working near one or the other, until you tell me differently. You will not want to commute from long distances, such as some of the areas mentioned in earlier responses to your question. The traffice around here is awful! But we have some very nice neighborhoods that are not far from the airport. ~It will all depend on the price range you wish to purchase in. (And if you are thinking of renting, I can help you with that selection as well.)

I have been selling homes around DFW for 32 years, so I know the area and the school systems very well. I will be able to assist you in selecting the best neighborhood fit for your family. I can also help you get hooked up with a Dallas company that will give you competitive electric rates, and save you some money on your utility bills.

Please contact me for a free consultation, and we will determine your needs. I can then send you specific recommendations on individual houses and neighborhood areas. There are many nice homes for sale at reasonable prices, and I will be working to help you get the best deal when we make an offer on one. And don't worry about out-of-pocket expenses; my commission is paid by the seller's broker.

Call me any time, or drop me an email or text message. I'll respond, even on a holiday or weekend.

Have a happy 4th of July!

Rick DeVoss

---ULTRA Real Estate Services

817-300-6121

rickdevoss@realtor.com

===================
There are many area that are great places to live, have you ever thought about the Burleson, TX area? It is growing more and more everyday. If you would like more information on this area please contact me at Keith Norman 817-495-8103 or email at keithnorman@kw.com or go to my website at keithnorman-sells.com
Hi Joy,

I am here to help. Our metroplex is huge. Need to know more!

You are welcome to call me at 817-648-1103.

Do you like historic, close to downtown Fort Worth, or do you like country on acreage?

You will be pleased with your choices!

Sandi Filip Licensed since 1976!
Hi Joy,

As far as the neighborhood you asked about Meadowbrook is an older neighborhood but one can find a lot of house for the money. Call me and we can discuss your specifics and I can lead you to the area that fits your needs.

I look forward to your call,

Brian
817.988.1588
Brian@brants.com
Hi there!

I worked for American and am currently assisting 3 families find their perfect home! Let's talk about location and commute. I can help you narrow down the best fit for your family's life style. I look forward to working with you.

Please contact me directly - I also have a Facebook business page:
https://www.facebook.com/Alliance.Haslet.NorthFort.Worth.Tex…

Mahalo (Thank You)
Lucy A. Puniwai
REALTOR®
(214)783-6416 - Cell/TEXT
(682-224-8050 - Fax

puniwai@fathomrealty.com

http://WWW.puniwai.fathomdallas.com/agents/6440-Lucy-Puniwai

In God we Trust