In My Neighborhood in 33056>Question Details

vandresv, Home Buyer in Homestead, FL

Hello, I know that Opa Locka in general is not a good area to live. But what about this particular neighborhood

Asked by vandresv, Homestead, FL Wed Jun 6, 2012

? In http://www.crimereports.com does not look bad since December 2011 until present. And the crime map of trulia shows a low crime rate too. Should I believe those reports?
Thank you very much,
Andres

Answers

2
i live in the area.. and yes it is bad if you are not accustomed to "urban" living conditions. To be a bit more specific, since I've lived in the very near vicinity, my car has been burglarized twice (xeon head lights, then side view mirror); my neighbor's car was on bricks a few days later because thieves stole all 4 tires. so in short Opa Locka is notorious for car thieves. There is occasional gunfire and crime throughout the areas where the residents are not doing anything to evoke change.
Andres i am going to tell a story that happens to me last yearor year before, i was working in 62nd and 7 ave working with Liberty Tax about 3 pm and i heard a noise like fireworks and when i put my face out of the office was a battle like the west between police and some bad guys over there, results 2 police death and the bad guys escape. Did you heard about it?

You choose

Carlos J Vazquez
Former Lawyer from Cuba
Thank you very much Carlos. No, I had not heard the story before. But you say 7th ave and the 62nd street (I assume that is NW).. The neighborhood I am looking into is on the 162nd street and the 19th avenue.
I checked the crime rate on the address you provided me and it does look scary. But the one I am asking does not look bad on paper (or should I say on the screen :-)...Can you confirm your address and compare it with the one I asked for?

Thank you very much Carlos,
Have a wonderful day,
Andres.
Flag Wed Jun 6, 2012