In My Neighborhood in 43082>Question Details

Mom, Home Buyer in Dayton, OH

Have found a house I really like on Hermitage Dr. Is this primarily a "young family" area? We are recently retired looking for a change,

Asked by Mom, Dayton, OH Fri Apr 16, 2010

but do not want to feel "out of place" in a new neighborhood.

Answers

3
If you are not too familiar with the area--visit the neighborhood several times and at different times of day to get a sense of belonging. Check out area statistics; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering—enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods; so, you should check out demographics on your own to assure your comfort level can be reached--then go from there.
WE need to show you the house, let you get a feel for the neighborhoos to see if you like it.
I live in the neighborhood and it is really a slippery slope answering your question as a Realtor. Just FYI, I have been here for over 10 years, I have a 6 yr old and 9 yr old. They have a lot of friends in the neighborhood.