In My Neighborhood in 28134>Question Details

belllaruiz6, Home Buyer in Pineville, NC

HOW DO I FIND A PROPERTY,$ 50.000 TO $125.000 FOR SALE, ON PINEVILLE MAINT ST,TO OPEN A SALON.THAKS,

Asked by belllaruiz6, Pineville, NC Tue Sep 25, 2012

Answers

3
Main street in Pineville has never looked better. The Pineville Main Street values are higher than your request to purchase you need to rent if the Town will allow another salon in the Downtown area.
Good morning, BellaRuiz:
Going after a specific property on the small three block section of Main Street of historic Pineville may take some creativity to accomplish, especially in your price range. A 1,500 s.f. building in relatively poor condition sold a couple years ago to the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Historic Landmarks Commission for $150/s.f. ($225,000) Several other buildings are historic and have special Historic Preservation restrictions.

To get into your price range, you should expect to be able to afford 350 to 800 s.f. of space. Commercial loans generally require 20% down payment and the term is fairly short. $25,000 down payment and $1,700 a month payment would not be unreasonable. Since there are few buildings this small, you can 1) purchase a more expensive property and become the building owner and landlord and sublease space to tenants or 2) buy an existing building and convert it into a commercial condo and sell off individual units (which is complex and costly), or 3) you approach every existing building owner look for space to lease in someone else's building..or 4) you look in a different location.

Whatever you do, you should verify with the County that you are in a properly zoned location for your business and that there is sufficient parking. If you are serious about owning or leasing, you should work with an experienced commercial real estate broker. If you appreciate an answer, please give thumbs up. For the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
Give me a call or email me and I can help you find something.

Abby Nelson
704-890-1860
abbynelson@bellsouth.net