In My Neighborhood in 07039>Question Details

Ritali, Renter in Ridgewood, NJ

HELLO, We are supposed to relocate from abroad (Israel) with two kids five years old and one year old, and looking for a place to live in New York

Asked by Ritali, Ridgewood, NJ Tue Apr 5, 2011

Metropolitan Area. The budget is 2600-30000$.We need 3 bedrooms house. My husband is going to work in midtown Manhattan. We are looking for a safe area with good transportation to Manhattan and non-orthodox private Jewish school (The Company is ready to pay for private Jewish day school, so the children will not go back to Israel as total foreigners.)I am thinking about Livingston but any other suggestions are welcomed.
We are considering coming to look for a house at 19/04-24/4.
We would appreciate if you could inform us if there are properties available from July first.
Thanks, Rita.

Answers

6
Rita,

Livingston seems to be a great fit for you and your family. This town offers a variety of what you are looking for if not everything on your list of "wants". A safe area, orthodox and non orthodox Jewish schooling, public transport by bus and train (all nearby) and a Jewish population second to none in Essex County which will not let your children return to Israel as "foreigners".

I chose to live in this town for similar reasons about 6 years ago. My happiness today is evident of my choice. My daughter attended 3 different schoold from Beth Shalom to Jewish Montesori to the JCC (Jewish Community Center). All have provided a top notch education and have molded my daughter for the better. We could not have been happier with those decisions as well.

I welcome you to Livingston and extend my professional services as a Realtor to you and your family. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any real estate related questions or local schools for that matter. Best of luck to you and your family in your search.

Stan Kay
908-209-4615
http://www.StanKay.com
Please let me add my name to your list of possible real estate service providers.....
Marisa Beltramini
Re/Max Village Square
973 979 5110
http://www.marisabeltramini.com
Hello Rita,

Exciting news for you and your family. As stated by the others Solomon Schetcher would be in excellent day school for you to consider. Maybe when you come in this month you can tour the school.

I live in Livingston and also love it here but there are other towns that you may consider. I would also suggest Millburn, North Caldwell and West Orange .There are many 3 bedroom single family homes and townhouses in your price range that you can consider. The townhouses have outdoor pools, tennis and other activites and a good way to meet other families.

It would be my pleasure to take you on a tour of the various towns. Please email or call me directly if I can be on any assistance to you and your family.

Carol Eisenstein -Prudential Relocation Certified
Prudential New Jersey Properties
973-879-3282
email carol.eisenstein@prudentialnewjersey.com
hello Rita,
I live and work in Livingston. I totally understand what you are looking for. Please call me at 973 951 6665. Thank you
Livingston is a great area and has alot to offer. I work and live here myself.
Are you looking to Buy or Rent?

You should definately contact me on email and we can talk more about everything you are looking for. I would love to send you some information about the town and about other towns.
My email is rstern@weichert.com

Robert C Stern
Weichert Realtors
35 N Livingston Ave
Livingston, NJ 07039
http://www.robertcstern.com
I not only live in Livingston but my son went to Soloman Schechter for a few years. I have many friends from Isreal. I would love to help you and connect you to the schools. Im Cherre Schwartz 973 951 6665
Weichert's top agent in the area.