In My Neighborhood in 29708>Question Details

Mike Halston, Home Buyer in Fort Mill, SC

For employment rerasons my wife and myself (no children) are on the verge of moving into the Fort Mill area from Leesburg in Northern Virginia. Any?

Asked by Mike Halston, Fort Mill, SC Fri Nov 12, 2010

advice would be gratefully received

Answers

9
Fort Mill is a wonderful place to be!
The schools are excellent, the houses (and taxes) are quite reasonable, it's easy commute to Charlotte, people are friendly ... So many reasons to move here.

Check our web link to find more info on Fort Mill.

Welcome to the Carolinas! --- Heather
Fort Mill is a GREAT place to live and raise a family. The schools are outstanding. People are great, low key, and are very committed to their families, schools & community, even if they have no children they are still supportive of the area schools and functions. It's an easy commute to uptown Charlotte. Taxes are low, crime rates are low. I love it here and moved here in 1995 from Southern California. Have no hesitations about a move tot he Fort Mill or Tega Cay areas. Linda
I'm a Fairfax, VA native and moved here in 2004 to get away from the traffic and high cost of living. You will love it here! What they call traffic is NOT traffic! Commute times to Charlotte are a breeze and the pace here is kinda like NoVa was back in the 80's. I love it here and will never go back. If you need a referral to a great Realtor down here, I work with many of the best. Just let me know!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 21, 2012
Hi Mike ,what field are you and your wife in .Fort Mill is a great location for logistics and back office
operations.The commute distance to Uptown Charlotte is ideal for job options also.

Give me a shout if I can be of any help.

Scott Walton
803-371-7903
Hey Mike....

What a great move that would be for you. I have helped many families relocate to the Carolinas from VA over the past few years and all of them are very happy with the decision. There are many advantages and benefits to moving to Fort Mill over the Charlotte area including lower taxes, great schools for future resale potential, short commute to Charlotte and the airport and the proximity to Lake Wylie. I would be honored to assist you and your wife when you are ready to make a move. Check out my blog post below with more information about the great benefits!! Have a great weekend!

Jen Mildenberger
704-996-8195
http://www.WithJenYouWin.com
jen1@kw.com
Good morning and good luck with your relocation. I relocated from Virginia several years ago and love the area. It has been a great move for me and would definitely do it again. As a former Director of Human Resources I understand the many issues related to relocating a family and will be glad to help in any way we can. Feel free to use our website at http://www.theguilliamsteam.com as a resource and there is a special link for relocation issues. Again good luck in your move and we look forward to assisting you and your family.

Tim and Gina
The Guilliams Team

Phone 803-984-7478
Fax 803-835-2484
Email tim.guilliams@kw.com
Web http://www.theguilliamsteam.com

"A referral is when you send someone you care about to someone you trust"

If you share our name, we would be honored
Hi Mike,
Fort Mill is a wonderful place to live. It is just seconds from Charlotte but with low York County taxes. I, myself, relocated here to Fort Mill from out of state several years ago and would not choose to live anywhere else. If you have any questions about the area or would like for me to send you a relocation package, please email me at mikaelmcdaniel@kw.com
Hi Mike! Congratulations on your decision to move to our area! I am very familiar with Ft Mill and the surrounding areas and have a great deal of experience working with folks who are relocating and are new to the area. Please check out my website and I hope you will call with any questions.
Beth
My advice would be to contact a real estate professional who is knowledgeable about the area to assist you.
You can contact me through my website. Good luck!