In My Neighborhood in 86004>Question Details

Birdlover, Home Buyer in Madison, WI

Flagstaff is a town we are considering moving to and we are curious to know about the schools and activities Flagstaff has to offer for young

Asked by Birdlover, Madison, WI Sun May 8, 2011

children.

Answers

4
You need to do some research to determine if the schools and activities meet your individual needs. There are traditional public schools and charter schools (the charters are publically funded, so no tuition). There are many summer activities sponsored by the city, the YMCA and various private groups. You can learn a lot about living in Flagstaff by visiting my website and the community links listed there, as well as by following my blog, which lists weekly activities. The website link is below.

Flagstaff is a peaceful... visually beautiful town with TONS of things to do. We have the Lowell Observatory, The Aquaplex where you can float on an innertube and watch a Friday night movie, Wheeler Park, situated close to the Library and Downtown is always having weekend activities and a weekend Outdoor Market. We have the Friday Night Art Walk in our Historic Downtown area, you can hike the ruins at Wupalki, explore Meteor Crater, visit the Arboretum, hike near The Snowbowl and see the Aspen's change color! Ski Snowbowl in the Winter... take the ski lift to the top during Summer. Hike or bike ride on thousands of trails... run down to Sedona and soak in Oak Creek or run up to The Grand Canyon for amazing sights. Towards the West we have Williams, AZ where you can drive through "Bearizona" and see new babies from our local animal kingdom, take a train ride, go horseback riding. Visit a Wild West town on Rt.66
I promise... you will never hear "Mom...Dad... I'm bored! Your choices in homes are equally as varied. Anything from a few acre spread just out of town, to a Modern or Historic home in town!
Please contact me and I will send you off a list of potential dream homes:
BethT@Flagstaffaz-realestate.com
Have a GREAT day!
Beth
I would highly recommend living in Flagstaff. I have been here over 17 years now and love more than ever. If you want to know more about our schools go to: http://www.greatschools.org/search/search.page?search_type=0…
Go to http://www.greatschools.net This non-profit organization has ratings and information about public and private schools and also has a format for consumers to rate the schools and leave comments.

Also, City-Data is a great source for consumers to get school advice.