Aarsove, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

Don't see anything about the Montlake neighborhood in Seattle: very central, close to the UW, the Arboretum, active community history. Where is it?

Asked by Aarsove, San Francisco, CA Tue Jul 29, 2014

Wanted to know more about housing in Montlake, considered a desirable community but for whatever reason, is not listed in your Seattle popular neighborhoods list. My elderly mother has a huge 3 story home there- but how am I to get any feedback on real estate values in the neighborhood?
AA

Answers

6
Montlake is a great neighborhood but as you said doesn't get the attention of other Seattle neighborhoods. What kind of information are you looking for exactly? Like most Seattle neighborhoods Montlake been a fantastic market for seller's of single family homes lately.

In the past four months homes have been selling for an average of 106.25% of their listing price. These homes have also been selling very quickly as they are averaging only 9 days on the market before being sold. Digging a little deeper the average price per square foot in sold homes during June, $334, was the highest monthly average since October 2008.

Simply put there isn't enough inventory in Montlake to match the demand of buyers looking in the area. As a result prices are rising from multiple offer situations on new listings. This is just a basic overview of the Montlake neighborhood I'd be happy to provide a more in depth profile, send me an e-mail at vand@johnlscott.com if there is other information you would like to know.

Van
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 30, 2014
Montlake is one of the most treasured and historic neighborhoods in Seattle. Here is a link to Montlake's community page where you can find more information about it's history, features and current events.
http://www.montlake.net
If you are hoping to find a home in the Montlake neighborhood, I'd be more than happy to sit down with you and discuss how we can make that happen.

Julie Griffin
Keller Williams - Seattle Metro West
206-310-9923
juliegriffin@kellerwilliams.com
nwmoderngroup.com
Aarsove,
Montlake is a GREAT area and in high demand. I know the area well so please contact me directly and I can answer any questions you have.
You can find plenty of information on Montlake, which is a very desirable area of Seattle. It's close to UW, lots of restaurants, bus lines..

You should be able to search by community on Trulia, if not - contact a local Realtor and discuss your search with them.
7/30/2014

Aarsove - thanks for the question ....MONTLAKE is definitely desirable due to being wedged between the Univ. of Wash. and Seattle

You should be able to pull up maps on many webistes ....locate her property and then be able to look at homes that have sold recenlty to get a good idea on values

I hope this helps ...all the best :)
Trulia and Zillow allow you to search by neighborhood so I'd recommend entering Montlake in a search and then customizing it based upon what you are looking for. For instance you can look at all currently active homes in Montlake or recently sold homes in Montlake among other search options. You can also further customize the search to include property features like number of bedrooms and bathrooms.

If you have any other questions please contact me by viewing my profile and using the contact information supplied there.

Wendy