In My Neighborhood in 76310>Question Details

L. Jones, Home Buyer in 77575

Does the noise and traffic associated with the nearby stadium and schools cause a problem to residents in this area?

Asked by L. Jones, 77575 Tue Mar 15, 2011

Answers

8
For the most part, no. I too have bought and sold multiple listings around that area. And not once have I heard a complaint.
I haven't heard any complaints from any of my buyers that have bought out there over the 14 years I have been in Real Estate. And if that were true with the noise or traffic problems people wouldn't buy by the stadium. One solution for the traffic would be to take the back streets for getting out/in (Langford). I hope that helps with your purchase.
There is no noise except when they are playing football, we can sometimes hear the band outside. Who does not enjoy the Band? There is not a big traffic problem if you get home before the ball game is over. we have been a resident in Windchime for 17 years. It is a Great Area.
I definitely agree with the answers below. I have actually been showing quite a few houses by the stadium in the past months. It seems to me that the area around the stadium is becoming quite coveted. I had the noise conversation with all of my clients that I showed properties to as well. They were actually excited to be by the stadium for easy access to all sorts of events, games, and a free fireworks show from time to time.
Not at all - I live directly across from the stadium -- in my house I don't hear a thing -- if I am in the yard during a football game I might hear the band or the PA system -but it is not an issue -- the school zone is like any other school zone -- traffic slows for that period of time and then resumes as normal
I live by the church right by the stadium and I can not hear anything... I have lived here for 13 years.

But I do hear the firework at the very end of the MSU game.
I live near the stadium and it has not caused a problem for me. Of course, the closer you live to the stadium the more your will hear the games and bands on weekends. The traffic is only for a short time before and after weekend games. There are several routes to get in and out to avoid getting caught in traffic. It is a family friendly neighborhood!
Consider revisiting the area more than once and at different times of day, check out traffic patterns, noise levels, possible chat with locals, etc., then make a determination, will your comfort level be reached... real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods.