In My Neighborhood in 97415>Question Details

Robert Colon…, Home Buyer in Stockton, CA

Does it rain all the time?

Asked by Robert Colon Sr, Stockton, CA Thu May 19, 2011

Answers

11
Marianne Padilla PC’s answer
Move to Brookings OR. The best weather in all of Oregon. It is beautiful most of the year..when it does rain it happens during the night many times...we never have rain for long periods of time we will get rain an then sunshine..not dreary here at all...a fabulous place to live with friendly people and low cost of living coupled with incredible beauty...the ocean, rivers forrests aaahhhhhhIt is like stepping back in time here to a kinder gentler place...
If you need assistance in finding a home Please call me at 541-661-1219
Best Regards
Marianne Padilla
Century 21 Agate Realty
HLR wasn't totally accurate about July to October. If you want to keep your grass from dying in those months you must water it.

Also "rain" here is different from "rain" in most other parts of the country. Closer to "mist". Most people don't carry or use umbrellas. Of course in the Midwest or South, for example, "rain" is a big time 1/2 inch in an hour kind of serious water coming down. Then it's over and nice for the rest of the day (if you can stand the humidity, which is another thing we seldom have in Oregon.

HLR is right about more sun in Central Oregon. They get about 8 inches of precipitation annually, but a lot of that comes as snow. If it all came as snow it's be about 100-130 inches. Also, December through March, it can be serious cold there. I was there for a week this past February and it never got above freezing any day, and down to 5 below or so overnight. That's not normal for there, but you need to know that it does get pretty cold that time of year.

Are we being helpful?

Any other questions?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 19, 2011
They shot the movie Noah here...LOL..just kidding :) Its warm and sunny today...driving around with the sunroof open and listening to some cool music...feeling the ocean breeze....come join us...
541-661-1219
Never longer than 40 days and 40 nights.
Hi There,
I find that it rains mostly at night...you fall asleep to the pitter patter of the rain on the roof and wake up to a fresh and beautiful sunny day...like today...we have the best weather in all of Oregon..incredible beauty, pistine beaches, friend people, it is very safe and quiet here....its amazing in this day and age that a place like Brookings OR still exists...no crownds..no traffic...like stepping back in time to a kinder more gentle way of life...renew and refresh here...call me anytime at 541-661-1219 I would like to share more about this wonderful place that I call home
YES! LOL until this last year!! No I am kidding. It rains yes...but it beats out snow, fog, hail and freezing in my book. I think you will find storm watching on the Oregon Coast a hobby. Even some of our worst days are the best days because the scenery around here is luxe and green...paradise, literally. Stop in at RE/MAX Coast and Country if your ever in the area and I will be happy to show you around.

Jude Hodge
RE/MAX Broker
http://www.OregonCoastLifestyle.com
Brookings does not rain all of the time" if you live in Harbor,Or that is the banna belt for this area and generally 5 degrees warmer
I work in Smith River just 6 miles south of the California border and live in Brookings, Oregon. My company is Bayside Realty and I am the Associate Broker for the Smith River office. I can tell you that YES it does rain here in the winter. We sometimes call it sideways rain, but you will love it. Walking in the rain is a refreshing feeling. BUT, we have summer days all throughout the winter. If it snows, it melts right away and the snow remain in the mountains above us. The beaches are SO beautiful and you will find few people on the beaches in the winter. Summer, it is still not as crowded as southern California. We live at a slower pace here. Check out my website. leescoastalhomes.com
I wouldn't say all the time, but our spring time weather can be even wetter than our winters. Also, keep in mind that on the coast line your summers will be fogged in from time to time. Generally speaking, the storms that come through last about 3 days until the wind blows them out, especially near Cape Blanco.
NO, But Oregon is Green for a reason. We get about 4 months of great weather from July to October with temps 70's to a few days 100's. This year has been wetter then most, but we try not and tell folks it's nice here, if you understand we like it here for ourselves. So yea it rains all the time.

If your from Stockton, you might like the Bend area, lot more sun over there, and prices are still adjusting.
Southern Oregon has more sun too. Medford, Roseburg, Grants Pass.

Best to you.

HLR
what about Coos bAY? TO BE WARM WINTERS U HAVE TO SUFFER THE FOG AND MORE RAIN OF THE COAST. U gave a great weather overview. Thank u.
Flag Wed Apr 25, 2012
It has in New England for the last week.... not sure about CA though