In My Neighborhood in 08753>Question Details

devonmadeo, Renter in Toms River, NJ

Does anyone know why they are listing it as a rental when it actually for sale?

Asked by devonmadeo, Toms River, NJ Tue Sep 4, 2012

Answers

11
Ron Shaffery’s answer
The house is not for rent, it recently went under contract to sell. Trulia has a warning about rental scams under the picture . Scam artists get the pictures from real estate websites, copy the pictures to the free website postlets.com and then it gets syndicated to trulia. If you contact them they will tell you they can't get you inside but they will hold it for you if you send them money. SCAM.
Scam, scam, scam. It was once only a craiglist scam and now it has reared it's ugly head onto Trulia.

My apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Francesca Patrizio, Broker Sales Associate, ePro, SRES
Francesca@PatrizioRE.com
732.606.2931
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 4, 2012
It may also be a scam if it looks too good to be true.
There are a lot of rentals scams for houses that are for sale.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 4, 2012
I am the owner of this house, it is Not for rent.....that was a scam
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
My experience is that a lot of scammers find homes for sale (usually vacant as seen by the photos) and then they post them as a rental. Gather you personal information, take your security deposit and you are out of luck.

If you know for a fact that it is listed for sale, contact the agent and discuss. They will let you know if they are also renting or a victim of scam.

Have an Amazing day!
Web Reference: http://www.terrivellios.com
I've had this happen a lot with my rental clients. If you're working with an agent just let them know the address and they can find out for you.
As the others have said it is difficult to answer your question when no address was provided. I do agree with Andrew - it could possibly be a scam.
Typically the homeowner wants to sell the house, but if they only receive rental offers they'll take the renters. Depending on the mortgage situation of the homeowner, the rent may cover their loan payment.
No link is visible--therefore consider asking your agent the question....
We have no idea what house you are speaking about but often I have seen owners list a house for sale or rent and will do whichever comes first to them.