In My Neighborhood in 60647>Question Details

Cookie, Other/Just Looking in 49643

Does anyone know who Applebrook Realty is? They have an answering machine taking their calls...need I say more? But, seriously, is this a mom and

Asked by Cookie, 49643 Wed Jun 23, 2010

pop shop? I've read one review, which was not very good and they have no website. Any info would be great? thanks!

Answers

13
Luke Wojcik’s answer
Volume not service oriented brokerage but to their defense they probably have a ton of people call them everyday Get a good buyers agent and they can help you see their listings. Additionally, they might be more responsive to broker inquiries(especially if they are offer specific) than to consumers asking about specific listing details.
I just had a dealing with them January 2013, they are the worse Real Estate Company that I have ever delt with. Starting from day one, through final closing. They did nothing, no return calls no return e-mails and I am looking into a company called "Asset Services, Inc." that is a DISSOLVED Corporation that Applebrook Realty deals with. This is not over yet...
They are a busy, but very successful, company! The service expectations for all REO listing brokers should probably be set a lot lower then for traditional companies, and (not to make excuses for any of them) they must receive thousands of calls and emails a day from prospective buyers and clients.

I have closed numerous deals with Applebrook and, from a buyer's agent's perspective, it is helpful that they are consistent. My buyers never have complete information before making an offer, however that is the same with any REO condo purchase. Your Realtor can step in and hopefully fill in as many gaps as possible, and help you make good assumptions so you feel comfortable making an offer.

During the offer negotiation, and attorney review period they are usually much more responsive by email.

Michael

--
Michael Vrielink
Chicago Real Estate Artists LLC
Managing Broker & Realtor
Tel: 312-970-9476 | Fax: 312-945-7476
Web Reference: http://www.ChicagoREA.com
Isn't frustrating when you can't get to talk to a human these days.....If you are looking to purchase a property that is a bank owned property you are better of asking around your friends and family for a good agent. Most of the companies that sell foreclosures do not handle buyers like they should or deserve. An agent that specializes in buyers and has foreclosure experience is what you need!
Web Reference: http://www.talkwithtina.com
Cookie,

Most REO brokers are quite busy handling all of the details and properties they are given by the banks. They probably will not return a call from a consumer or an agent. The best watt to contact them is by email, for agents.

I am glad they are not trying show property to consumers as well, I want them staying at their desk processing my contracts. They have inventory and make them very easy to show through your buyers agent.

Do some research, find a buyers agent that has dealt with REO companies, if you do it their way, they are a pleasure to work with!
Karla,

Don't take offense to it. Give your agent a call on the property you want to see and they'll get you in.

If you don't have one, any Realtor can show you Applebrook's listings, just make sure it's an agent you want to work with.

Wayne Beals
Keller Williams Chicago Consulting Group
312-77BEALS
312-772-3257
wbeals@kw.com

http://waynebeals.yourkwagent.com/
I thought it was just me.... I see their signs posted on various houses for rent /sell but EVERYTIME I call, I get a voicemail and to date, NO ONE has returned my call. I don't understand! How are they in business? Where is a websight? Do they EVER return calls?
Its actually a pretty large foreclosure firm. But they are terrible getting back to you. I had a deal with them and they werent too bad, but they just dont care about customer service. If your looking to buy a foreclosure, your best bet is to get a good buyers agent. This way you have someone to walk you through the buying process at no cost to you. Let me know if you have any questions.

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
mlaricy@americorpre.com
708-250-2696
Hi Cookie,

I guess the question should be why are you trying to contact Applebrook? Are you interested in one of their listings? If so, you should have your own buyers agent. The listing agent has a responsibility to the seller and will not, normally, have your best interest as a priority.

By using a buyers agent, your agent will deal with the hassle of tracking down the listing agent, negotiating on your behalf, write up the contract, give you a fair market value analysis so that you don't over pay, arrange appointments, etc... All this wealth of knowledge, expertise & service at no charge to you.

Feel free to contact me directly if I can be of further help.

Hey Cookie,

Can't speak for Applebrook, but they traditionally have a large amount of REO inventory. Typically, this means that they do a lot of volume with very few clients. Hence, no need for a phone system. Applebrook is an MLS firm and any Realtor can assist you with an inquiry on their properties.

I've worked with Large and small firms. Most small firms usually have a niche market. A large amount of Real Estate transactions are done by small shops. If they don't get back to you, your just not their niche. Find an agent who can help you.

In case you need to dig further, the email for the Designated Agent for that office is: mike@applebrookrealty.com

Best of Luck.

Wayne Beals
Keller Williams CCG
312-77BEALS
312-772-3257
wbeals@kw.com
http://www.waynebeals.com
Web Reference: http://www.waynebeals.com
They are one of the increasing number of firms that do almost 100% foreclosures. Doing that they become more of a factory/assembly line type of operation. As a result, it is often hard to make actual contact with them to get useful information. This applys to other agents like me as well as the public. It's just something that we all have had to get use to in the past 3-4 years because of the unique nature of this market.
I actually have had a deal with them and they were just fine to work with given these constraints. It just takes a bit of getting use to.

philip
Cookie,
I don't know either, but if you are looking for a Realtor and a real estate company that answers the phone you should contact me at Saffron Realty Group. We work and live in the 60647 zip code so we know the area well - if you are interested in Logan Square, Bucktown, Wicker Park, West Town, Humboldt Park and Ukrainian Village then contact me at (312) 485-6008 or by e-mail @ FrankJosephSchneider@gmail.com. I will gladly help you with your search.

Frank J. Schneider
Cookie,
I have no clue about Applebrook Realty.
I AM wondering however, why, based on the impressions you have so far, you even care.
I mean, you can't possibly be considering using them based on what you've said.
Do they have a listing you are interested in? Then let your agent deal with it.
Otherwise, why not just move on?