In My Neighborhood in 01730>Question Details

Ann, Home Buyer in 02476

Does anyone have any information on a revitalization plan for Bedford Center?

Asked by Ann, 02476 Thu Aug 12, 2010

? Someone told me that plans are in the works to make it similar to Concord Center. Any ideas? Dates?

Answers

4
HI. The Blake Block is the white low building stretching from the corner of Fletcher down Great Rd in front of the town common. It currently has a really cute consignment furniture store called Bloom in it as well as Kens NY deli. Its on the opposite side of the street from the Fire Dept. Hope this helps! Feel free to call me if I can be of further assistance.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 26, 2010
Ann, I believe you are referring to what is commonly referred to as the Blake Block. This building is privately owned and the owner is in the process of getting approvals from town boards to rehab or rebuild the existing building. I've never heard of it being "similiar to Concord center" but I have seen drawings and the building was very pretty, much, much nicer than what is currently there. Feel free to call me if you need help in Bedford. Diane Hughes, Realtor 781.640.6580
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 15, 2010
Thanks for both responses so far. Diane, I'm not too familiar with the Bedford Center area. Where approximately is the Blake Building? I know basics -- like the stores across from the Fire Dept., near where Auntie Earl's used to be (so sad it closed!). And I know where Bruegers/Starbucks, etc. are. I was told this by a RE broker at an open house in Bedford a few months ago. She thought the project would start next year. I've googled it, but can't find anything on it. Just curious what the word on the street is. Thanks again!
I have listed a link below.
Web Reference: http://www.bedfordarts.org/