Lydi, Home Buyer in 77007

Do you get a lot of traffic noise from 1-10 that comes into your home?

Asked by Lydi, 77007 Thu Dec 16, 2010

Answers

8
I have sold many town homes at TREEHOUSE condos( I10-Wirt).... and I spend a lot of time there. I do not hear the noise. There are brick walls that block much of that noise. I work in the Rice Military area... and you hear light city sounds. It is much like anything.. you grow to not hear it.
Why not ask this question.. What is the reason you wan to live in the area? It's true about location, location, location. It can also depend on a lot of factors, including how well the house is built. This is a very desirable area with a lot within walking distance. More than likely, you will be able to find one thing you would like to be different at every posibility.
Why don't you just view the home with your agent during rush hour and see for yourself. Everyone had different tollerances. I know if my neighbors dog is barking erradically, I can either get angry that he's left it out or just turn on some nice music!
There's always a logical answer. If you can't find one, you should continue looking elsewhere.
I am very familiar with the area and have worked with many builders/renters out there.
For more information please view my profile or contact me directly at 832-409-9436.
Best to you!
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/sboon
I have sold many homes in the rice military, cottage grove areas and have had no complaints.. Even those whom have bought near the railroad say they have become accustom to the noise.. Its all in coorelation to what you are comfortable with.. I always tell clients to drive the neighborhood they wish to buy at all hours, day, night, and afternoon.. Looking for traffic, parking, distractions, noise, street lights, children at play, etc. Its always good to know what is going on around you and take all safety and comfort precautions. Any help you need.. feel free to call..
Hi Lydi,
As a resident of the Rice Military neighborhood, I can say that no interstate noise comes into our area. However, there are some things to note about living along the Washington Corridor. I am a board member of the Rice Military Civic Club and can offer much advice about what's to come and what's happening in our area. Please contact me if you'd like to discuss. Look forward to hearing from you!

Amaris Wendelburg
John Daugherty, Realtors
(713) 320-2742
It depends where you are located in the Rice Military area. If you are buying I would suggest that you buy south of Washington Avenue and not too close because some of the streets close to Washington now have permit parking because of all the bars in that area. If you go north of Washington you have the train close by and then a little further north is I-10. I have lived south of Washington for over 3 years and just love it. Let me know if you would like further information.

If your atleast a few blocks away, you will not be bothered by the highway noise from Interstate 10 as the road dips downward in that area. However, off of the Washington area, there is a train track you need to be aware of. You want to stay a few blocks away from that. Prices of homes go up if your south of Washington.

If you are seeing homes on the web, click on the map and see if there is a "bird view". This will show you the home from about 500ft up and it will let you see if the train tracks or busy road are near by.

Let us know if we can help. There is newer construction as well as 1920's and 1930's bungalows in this general area between downtown Houston and Memorial Park.

Mark McNitt
Bernstein Realty, Houston
I think it will depend on the area you are in. I-10 is a very long highway. Some neighborhoods are right on the feeder so I imagine you would get a bit of noise there. Are you looking to buy in 77007 or to sell.

Call me with any questions @832-3677-9256
That would probably depend on how close to I-10 you were, but I would say that most homes do not get a lot of noise polution from the freeway if you are inside your home. If you're very close to the freeway and outside on the patio, that would probably be the only time you would notice. Please let me know if you would like help in searching for the right home. I work mostly in the Katy and Cy Fair areas, and I'd be happy to help.

Truly,

Brandon Newton
Green Dawn Realty
Office 281.894.5500
Cell 713.890.9108
http://www.greendawnrealty.com