In My Neighborhood in Malibu>Question Details

Michael Mora…, Real Estate Pro in 90272

Do you find your HOA enforces their pet policy? I continue to find the rules and practice are often much different in many communities.

Asked by Michael Morabito, 90272 Sun Jan 8, 2012

Answers

5
EdithJasser YourRealtor4Life’s answer
They usually try to a good job at it, but remember all residents know about the rules and they pay attention to who of their neighbors has a pet or many pets they should not be having, it will never stay a secret and could be
costly in various ways..... Not sure why you asked do you have a situation and you wonder what to recommend.

The rules are very very different, for each HOA and or building.... some allow cats but no dogs, some only dogs no cats, weight limit, number of pet limit etc. etc. and many many times NO pets at all.....

Anyone buying in a building with an HOA should make sure what is acceptable and what is not, just to make the right decision, their rules may exclude the buyers or renters.

Any clients in Malibu moving to Chicago???? Just wondering

Good Luck'
Edith YourRealtor4Life!
And Chicago and Northern Illinois/NorthShore Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 9, 2012
Yes the rules for HOA are different, but it is very important to follow the rules. Fines are not a happy place when they can be avoided. When I am walking my puppy, I make it a point to clean after her. I like clean shoes.

Kathy Hines
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 8, 2012
Hi Michael,

Yes, I do find that the HOA rules are usually enforced. Of course, I suggest to clients that it is always best to follow the rules as it makes for a better community, better relationships with the neighbors, and the creation of a harmonious environment in general.

Cyndi Harris
~Malibu~
Luxury Estates Agent
Beach & Canyon Home Sales & Leasing
310-494-1330
CyndiMalibu@hotmail.com
Web Reference: http://www.CyndiMalibu.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 8, 2012
Hi Michael,

Yes they enforce them very stringently. NO pets for tenants at all and small dogs and cats only for owners.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 8, 2012
Thank you all the responses.

I have been looking with a client who owns a Rottweiler. It has been frustrating because we will view places where other owners have large pets and when we analyze the Pet Policy it has been quite different from the reality of the community and what we have been told.