Trulia Brook…, Other/Just Looking in Brooklyn, NY

Do you anticipate that the new Brooklyn bridge will be a tourist destination?

Asked by Trulia Brooklyn, Brooklyn, NY Mon Dec 10, 2012

There’s a brand-new Brooklyn bridge in town.

The $4.9 million span, which will open by the end of the month, will link Brooklyn Heights to the waterfront, more than 50 years after the tony neighborhood was cut off by the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway.

Learn more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/bridge_akTfpGJYB…

Answers

5
Right now, and for the longest time, the Brooklyn Heights promenade has been the big tourist draw to Brooklyn Heights. The views are about the best of the Manhattan skyline you can get. Also now the new Brooklyn Bridge Park is a big draw. A new bridge may add, though there is so much else going on that I don't think it will be a draw in and of itself, but will only add to what is already a great place to visit.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 11, 2012
Brooklyn Bridge has always been a huge tourist destination and one of the favorite hang out spots of New Yorkers. If you do not believe me - take a walk down Brooklyn Bridge either to of from Manhattan (especially to Manhattan),and you will see hundreds of tourists taking the photos of magnificent views around them. The above mentioned project will combine Brooklyn Bridge and the famous Brooklyn Promenade and will make it easier to get from one to another. I think it will increase the walking traffic even more.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 29, 2012
I'm not sure a tourist will make a destination trip to see this bridge. I think they may look at it if they are nearby but as a draw to the community I am not so sure. Nice to see this is finally going to be open!
With the spectacular view of the Manhattan Skylines I can see it as an attraction. How the resident living nearby feel about this will be another story.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 14, 2012
Probably more locals as opposed to tourists but either way it is a good thing for Brooklyn!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com